Retire as young as possible he said!

Shiftless

Thought I would bring this post over here after posting in another thread WCT pension payment

It really applied to this threads topic so I thought I would share it here.

"What The ? Right after I wrote this, I went on my hour plus walk I do every morning. I get back and have a message my friend since we became buddies in 1958 at the age of three and attended schools together, who just bought a new car here a couple weeks ago saying man there so many screens and do dads this is gonna be my last car! Passed away! Another one saying Ya, probably gonna work another year or so!
friend THAT! People! RETIRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!"

ski or die

Ski or Die
Retired at 49. Didn't need the stress this job provided. Seen 2 of my co-workers pass away within 6 months of retirement. I have my hobbies that I enjoy and keeps me busy. Living comfortably on my savings, which by the way, I have been able to receive over 3/4 of a million from my pension so far. Retire early and enjoy your life and family while still young enough.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I know a driver that his wife took 1/2 his pension , her new boyfriend was about 10 years younger that him and her , he told me she married him just for the free ride !!!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yep, so you other gold diggers better back off, I’m sure @rod has plenty of vehicles he’d give away.
Awww man! I just purchased Dave's Nissan Altima for my daughter's first car...
sketch-1555376265766.png

BigMoney

I retired at 51 and have had some money regrets but completely happy i retired when i did.You can always have more money but cant have more life.As of people saying you could get bored that is BS because i have been retired for 25 months and have never been bored.I go to the gym 5 days a week,have happy hour with friends,dont wake up to a alarm clock,travel(just got back from a 2 week vacation in Maui in March),leaving for Vegas on Sunday.So i think i am enjoying my retirement.

Shiftless

I retired at 51 and have had some money regrets but completely happy i retired when i did.You can always have more money but cant have more life.As of people saying you could get bored that is BS because i have been retired for 25 months and have never been bored.I go to the gym 5 days a week,have happy hour with friends,dont wake up to a alarm clock,travel(just got back from a 2 week vacation in Maui in March),leaving for Vegas on Sunday.So i think i am enjoying my retirement.

You typed this in "You can always have more money but cant have more life." isn't that the TRUTH! We all die! Having 30 million, 10 million, 1 million, means different things to different people. Its all about choices! I choose quality time!

I have not regretted one day that I retired at 49! I virtually went out the first day possible! Altho I stayed a few days longer because I couldn't resist the date 05/05/05 ! Here in just a few weeks its been a full 14 years of bliss!

Work is for those that don't know how to retire!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Still sitting on the driveway. Need time to transfer the title and get new plates on it.

I did add fuel stabilizer since the previous owner filled up the tank!

That's one of the first things to do. He already changed the plugs and other filters, pcv valve, valve gasket... I need to charge the ac system too.

ceramic brake pads, oil filters vent shades on the way from various eBay sellers...

Oh snap, I need to polish the headlights... ugh, plastic lenses sux