UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The company loves people like you.
By doing it your way:
-the company doesn't have to pay your benefits compared to if you actually took your 6 weeks in a row and;
-you don't get that extra vacation time/check that you would have gotten if you worked the first week of 2018 and then took your 6 weeks in a row as an active employee.

You saved the company a bunch of money.

I know people that have done this.
I don't know why this is so difficult.

Benefits earned this quarter are for the following quarter so he would be covered either way.

Still don't know where you are getting this extra vacation week from.

E

el blanco

I also worked into the next year for some of the stated reasons, and because it meant a slight increase in my monthly pension

then I found the ideal date where all the factors were right for me, and planned backwards from there

JackStraw

I won't be here to find out but I am pretty sure that mine is the correct scenario.

They are not going to give you one check for 270 hours------the system is only setup to recognize 168 hours as the weekly limit.

You will receive 6 separate checks for 45 hours each taxed at their regular rate.

Maybe you work with another system, but multiple drivers have retired before me and they work one day their seniority date(thus qualifying for 6 weeks vacation) retire the next day(thus qualifying for the 1st of the month paycheck) AND ON THE PRECEDING THURSDAY GET ONE CHECK FOR 270(6 weeks) HOURS.

Maybe you work with another system, but multiple drivers have retired before me and they work one day their seniority date(thus qualifying for 6 weeks vacation) retire the next day(thus qualifying for the 1st of the month paycheck) AND ON THE PRECEDING THURSDAY GET ONE CHECK FOR 270(6 weeks) HOURS.
If you work until October here, you get your full 6 weeks vacation pay for next year.

trickpony1

Still don't know where you are getting this extra vacation week from.

I'll try to make it simple.
I know a guy that worked the first week of 2017 (5 reports).
He then took his 6 weeks of vacation and optional week in a row as an active employee. 7 (weeks) times 5 (reports in each week) equals 35 reports.

35 reports added to 5 reports equals 40 reports.
These reports accrued earned vacation time.
A check was mailed to him that was close but not exactly the amount of a regular vacation check.

Nothing was left on the table.

I could be wrong but the way you are doing it should entitle you to an additional check to pay out your earned vacation time.

trickpony1

Post #77
4 + 5 + 30 = 39 reports that should entitle you to a smaller additional check to pay out your accrued vacation time?

EDIT: also add in the number of reports from the first of 2018 to when you start vacation.

trickpony1

Dave-
get a 2018 calendar and count all the days you can work from January 1 until you start your vacations. Add those reports to the 39 you get for vacation.

Do you want to get screwed out of a nice check?

clean hairy

Just to be safe and avoid a big tax on one vacation check of 6 weeks, maybe work a week, go on vacation, work another week, go on vacation, etc . Then work the week after the last week of vacation. I would think that would take care of any active employee issues.....