retirement

floridays

He worked at Fedex and quit. Then he worked at Fedex and quit. Now he lives in his car. Everyone that lives in a nice house, sleeps in a nice bed owes texan a debt of gratitude.
How dense are you?

Tex has a house to live in he's made that clear.
He is traveling, I understand at least a part of the equation that may have led him to travel.

You bust his balls.
Exactly what did your wife do with her scratch off?

Before the scratch off bonanza you were proud to exclaim you were set for retirement, through earnings and investment. The scratch off bonanza propelled you to retirement.
Exactly why, at this moment are you humping boxes again?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
How dense are you?

Tex has a house to live in he's made that clear.
He is traveling, I understand at least a part of the equation that may have led him to travel.

You bust his balls.
Exactly what did your wife do with her scratch off?

Before the scratch off bonanza you were proud to exclaim you were set for retirement, through earnings and investment. The scratch off bonanza propelled you to retirement.
Exactly why, at this moment are you humping boxes again?
He’s too much of a wimp to read those questions, let alone answer them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I didn't buy it, my wife did. She had her heart set on that. There are a lot of pricier cars on the market, and a lot more affordable ones too. That's what she wanted. That's the total cost with financing for 6 years.

You're paying for it, you bought it. Anyone who pays a car note for 6 years needs to have his head examined.

And people wonder why they're broke.

floridays

You're paying for it, you bought it. Anyone who pays a car note for 6 years needs to have his head examined.

And people wonder why they're broke.
He or anyone could still be broke, even without the misrepresentations by the company.
One thing I always noted, I never saw a former rich man in Federal Bankruptcy court, it was strictly wage earners.

You got that?

vantexan

And you quit so you could take about a $3 pay cut. Smart.
I quit to try something else. Didn't work out, came back. Was told I would top out in 7-8 years. Not true. I was prepared to pay the price of 7-8 years. Didn't expect them to lie to me. Why does FedEx management lie so much? Oh, wait, you're a manager.....

59 Dano

I quit to try something else. Didn't work out, came back. Was told I would top out in 7-8 years. Not true. I was prepared to pay the price of 7-8 years. Didn't expect them to lie to me. Why does FedEx management lie so much? Oh, wait, you're a manager.....

You were coming back if they told you that you'd top out in 900 years. Don't act like you were cheated out of something that you walked away from.

vantexan

You were coming back if they told you that you'd top out in 900 years. Don't act like you were cheated out of something that you walked away from.
It was a toss-up between that and truck driving. I wanted the pension. But again you want to make it about me and not bring up this happened to tens of thousands of couriers. You point out I took an almost $3 drop in pay. You skirt around the fact that a 11 year topped out employee was only making $13.50hr in Colorado. You always seem to leave those little tidbits out.

falcon back

So the managers that hired you were in charge of salaries and raises? I didn't realize station managers were in the loop on how raises were gonna be handled 5 yrs down the road.

vantexan

So the managers that hired you were in charge of salaries and raises? I didn't realize station managers were in the loop on how raises were gonna be handled 5 yrs down the road.
I was told when rehired in 1998 that it would be 7-8 years. I transferred around and heard that literally everywhere right up to 2012, the year before I quit again. Different regions, different districts, by every mgr telling newhires. Most people stay in one station and their management team is FedEx for them. They don't know any better than what they're told. I realized quickly the company was telling mgrs to tell us that. Lie after lie, year after year. By the way when I was rehired in 2014 I was told by my mgrs that I couldn't get my old pay back. A couple days after signing the offer letter the HR rep told me I could have but since I signed the offer letter I no longer could. The hiring mgr was over a large station and knew the rules. Claimed they looked into it and I couldn't so I signed the offer letter. Admitted later he didn't look into it. Just more lies by your favorite company.

59 Dano

But again you want to make it about me and not bring up this happened to tens of thousands of couriers. You point out I took an almost $3 drop in pay. You skirt around the fact that a 11 year topped out employee was only making $13.50hr in Colorado. You always seem to leave those little tidbits out.

They're your decisions, so yes, it's about you. I don't skirt around anything. You quit your job because you thought you were better than what you were getting. You found out otherwise and came back knowing that you were going to get less than what you had when you quit.

You don't want to own your decisions.

59 Dano

By the way when I was rehired in 2014 I was told by my mgrs that I couldn't get my old pay back. A couple days after signing the offer letter the HR rep told me I could have but since I signed the offer letter I no longer could. The hiring mgr was over a large station and knew the rules. Claimed they looked into it and I couldn't so I signed the offer letter. Admitted later he didn't look into it. Just more lies by your favorite company.

I think that's a vantexan lie. Never saw a policy anywhere that said you could get your pay back and never knew OF, let alone knew, anyone who ever got it back after quitting.

vantexan

They're your decisions, so yes, it's about you. I don't skirt around anything. You quit your job because you thought you were better than what you were getting. You found out otherwise and came back knowing that you were going to get less than what you had when you quit.

You don't want to own your decisions.
I did know I was going to get less. Didn't know they were going to lie about how long it would take to top out. And you keep skirting around the fact that they screwed over tens of thousands of employees with their lies. You must be so proud.