retirement

falcon back

I feel like Old Wet Fart needs to put up or shut up. Take a screenshot of your Vanguard account balance and show us how great you’re doing with your retirement plan. Blur out personal info and let us see how incredible you’re doing. My guess is you’re not doing as great as you try to sound like.
NC posted his pension numbers on here and texan still doubted my theory on the pension increase. Said we should call Retirement and get the information from them. I could paste a statement that said I had $10 or show I had $1000, some broke fool living in his car would still say I was lying and another idiot would come with his usual, "prove it". Just because the broke losers on here must not have taken advantage of the 401k over the years, don't hate on those that did.

vantexan

NC posted his pension numbers on here and texan still doubted my theory on the pension increase. Said we should call Retirement and get the information from them. I could paste a statement that said I had $10 or show I had $1000, some broke fool living in his car would still say I was lying and another idiot would come with his usual, "prove it". Just because the broke losers on here must not have taken advantage of the 401k over the years, don't hate on those that did.
With your higher pay and full traditional pension. OK Sparky.

dezguy

lololololol

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We worked hard so we could have nice lives. I don't know what you did.

Wait, yes I do. You managed to luck yourself into over $100k in one year back in the nineties and gambled it all away. Anyone I know who hits a windfall like that tucks most of it away because lightning probably isn't going to strike twice.

59 Dano

Yah, getting rehired at $10.85 and quitting almost 15 years later at $18.17 with a stunted pension is all on me. And the tens of thousands of other couriers. The company bears no responsibility. They only had the best of intentions for us. Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

The reason you needed to be rehired at $10.85 is all on you.

59 Dano

He's another boomer who mistakes his "right place, right time" dumb luck for hard work, sacrifice, and skill. He lords his tenure over people who couldn't care less about it, because he knows that's the only thing keeping him from working third shift at McDonald's which is the only other job he's actually qualified to do.

So you're saying that being a courier and working at McD's aren't that different, eh?

59 Dano

I will continue to make the $230 payment on the Element and when it's paid off in 18 months my wife will sell it and keep the money
I'm also paying $45k total on a Honda CRV that will be paid off when I'm 64.

I can't imagine paying $45k for a car, let alone financing that much. Both of our cars came with all the bells and whistles, are in excellent shape, and were five years old when we bought them. You owe more on that CRV than we paid for BOTH of them combined. Good lord.

vantexan

I can't imagine paying $45k for a car, let alone financing that much. Both of our cars came with all the bells and whistles, are in excellent shape, and were five years old when we bought them. You owe more on that CRV than we paid for BOTH of them combined. Good lord.
I didn't buy it, my wife did. She had her heart set on that. There are a lot of pricier cars on the market, and a lot more affordable ones too. That's what she wanted. That's the total cost with financing for 6 years.