retirement

falcon back

I was told when rehired in 1998 that it would be 7-8 years. I transferred around and heard that literally everywhere right up to 2012, the year before I quit again. Different regions, different districts, by every mgr telling newhires. Most people stay in one station and their management team is FedEx for them. They don't know any better than what they're told. I realized quickly the company was telling mgrs to tell us that. Lie after lie, year after year. By the way when I was rehired in 2014 I was told by my mgrs that I couldn't get my old pay back. A couple days after signing the offer letter the HR rep told me I could have but since I signed the offer letter I no longer could. The hiring mgr was over a large station and knew the rules. Claimed they looked into it and I couldn't so I signed the offer letter. Admitted later he didn't look into it. Just more lies by your favorite company.
Everything that could go wrong did go wrong in your time with the company. Did you once ever consider you were the reason for most of your problems or have you always blamed others?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Yup. They remember that people expect raises in October, so once September gets here, expect the coronavirus excuses to start, followed by “millions of Americans lost their jobs, but we strived to keep each and every one of you working throughout the worst economic crisis of the past 100 years.”

Since Christmas season started in April this year, can we expect to see some form of compensation (aka raises) in October? Or will they tell us how much of a hit they took due to the increase in residential deliveries and then act like humanitarians for providing us with employment at all? My guess is the second option, but what do folks who have been around for a few more rodeos think?

Oh raises will be given...just not to anyone who wasn't already making a seven digit per year salary.

It’s okay, Fat Freddy will just take everyone’s raise and give it to a Republican Congressman in return for his full cooperation.

You'll see it a month from now when Fat Freddy denies us a raise while telling us to stay FedEx strong.

Oh, you’re “topped out” already. Whatever your rate is now, that’ll be your rate for the rest of you tenure, besides a laughable 2% raise they’ll throw in occasionally just to offset the price hike in your insurance plan.

https://www.browncafe.com/community/posts/4480347/react?reaction_id=1

AB831

Yup. They remember that people expect raises in October, so once September gets here, expect the coronavirus excuses to start, followed by “millions of Americans lost their jobs, but we strived to keep each and every one of you working throughout the worst economic crisis of the past 100 years.”

Since Christmas season started in April this year, can we expect to see some form of compensation (aka raises) in October? Or will they tell us how much of a hit they took due to the increase in residential deliveries and then act like humanitarians for providing us with employment at all? My guess is the second option, but what do folks who have been around for a few more rodeos think?

Oh raises will be given...just not to anyone who wasn't already making a seven digit per year salary.

It’s okay, Fat Freddy will just take everyone’s raise and give it to a Republican Congressman in return for his full cooperation.

You'll see it a month from now when Fat Freddy denies us a raise while telling us to stay FedEx strong.

Oh, you’re “topped out” already. Whatever your rate is now, that’ll be your rate for the rest of you tenure, besides a laughable 2% raise they’ll throw in occasionally just to offset the price hike in your insurance plan.

https://www.browncafe.com/community/posts/4480347/react?reaction_id=1
Never once complained about my pay. Now tell me about when I supposedly moved to California.

59 Dano

I did know I was going to get less.

Really? You didn't know when you were offered your job that you weren't going to make less than you did when you quit??? You're that dumb?

Didn't know they were going to lie about how long it would take to top out. And you keep skirting around the fact that they screwed over tens of thousands of employees with their lies. You must be so proud.

You keep hiding behind "Tens of thousands of others got screwed" as if it justifies your stupidity.

vantexan

I think that's a vantexan lie. Never saw a policy anywhere that said you could get your pay back and never knew OF, let alone knew, anyone who ever got it back after quitting.
Look it up, it's in policy. In areas where the company is unable to find suitable candidates they can rehire a former employee at his previous pay. My mgr admitted it was true and showed me the policy on the computer. That was a year after I had gotten rehired. He was trying to convince me not to transfer and I reminded him that when I was rehired that I had told him that if they rehired me at my previous pay I would sign something saying I couldn't transfer. Told me then go ahead and transfer if you like when the time comes. When the time came begged me to reconsider. Before I got there they had spent more than 6 months running swings out there who were going over 70hrs at times. It was a domiciled area 120 miles from the station. They couldn't hire me fast enough when I showed up. I told him he wasn't honest with me to get a little feather in his cap by hiring a former courier at starting pay instead of giving me my pay back. So I couldn't stay. And he still asked me on the phone at my new location to reconsider! Said he could make it happen.

Last edited:

vantexan

Really? You didn't know when you were offered your job that you weren't going to make less than you did when you quit???
As I've stated ad nauseum, I was told it would take 7-8 years to top out. I was prepared to deal with that. When I quit the first time I hadn't figured to come back. But I did.

vantexan

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong in your time with the company. Did you once ever consider you were the reason for most of your problems or have you always blamed others?
So when mgrs put packages in the U.S. mail to keep me from getting OT when I made $11.60hr that was on me? When a mgr forced me as a FTer to work 6 days to get 35+ hrs that was on me? And as I've been pointing out that when the company told tens of thousands of couriers that they'd top out in 7-8 years that was on them to believe that? When they were told the company couldn't afford an extra $30 million a year for a 2% raise when they just had their first $250 million dollar quarter and hadn't given a raise in 3 years that was the employee's fault some how? And if you go to great lengths to give the employees a choice whether to stay in the traditional or not then force them out anyways after you made sure you'd save millions by convincing employees to voluntarily go into the new plan the year before that's somehow the employee's fault huh? We're stupid, I'm stupid, for ever believing a damn thing that FedEx says. And I certainly don't believe you, liar.

falcon back

So when mgrs put packages in the U.S. mail to keep me from getting OT when I made $11.60hr that was on me? When a mgr forced me as a FTer to work 6 days to get 35+ hrs that was on me? And as I've been pointing out that when the company told tens of thousands of couriers that they'd top out in 7-8 years that was on them to believe that? When they were told the company couldn't afford an extra $30 million a year for a 2% raise when they just had their first $250 million dollar quarter and hadn't given a raise in 3 years that was the employee's fault some how? And if you go to great lengths to give the employees a choice whether to stay in the traditional or not then force them out anyways after you made sure you'd save millions by convincing employees to voluntarily go into the new plan the year before that's somehow the employee's fault huh? We're stupid, I'm stupid, for ever believing a damn thing that FedEx says. And I certainly don't believe you, liar.
Pardon me while I get a Kleenex and dab the tears running down my face.

floridays

You quit, you returned, you had a retirement bonanza scratch off winner.

Exactly who do you think looks stupider or a like a larger loser?

Explain it, how'd you blow your retirement?

vantexan

Really? You didn't know when you were offered your job that you weren't going to make less than you did when you quit??? You're that dumb?
I just realized you read my post wrong. I said I did know, you quoted me as saying I didn't know. Now, can we admit we were wrong or will you again obfuscate?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You quit, you returned, you had a retirement bonanza scratch off winner.

Exactly who do you think looks stupider or a like a larger loser?

Explain it, how'd you blow your retirement?
He probably came home on day to find his wife and all her belongings had mysteriously disappeared.

59 Dano

I just realized you read my post wrong. I said I did know, you quoted me as saying I didn't know. Now, can we admit we were wrong or will you again obfuscate?

OK, I read it wrong. Now, are you going to admit that there was no policy that said you could get rehired at your old pay or will you again lie?

vantexan

OK, I read it wrong. Now, are you going to admit that there was no policy that said you could get rehired at your old pay or will you again lie?
There was a policy. Whether it's still the policy I don't know. But it was clearly spelled out that in areas where FedEx cannot find a suitable candidate for hire they can rehire a former employee at his previous rate of pay. The HR rep told me that after I had signed the offer letter and told me it was too late to change anything since I had signed. A year later when I started to look for a transfer my mgr tried to convince me to stay. I pointed out he had told me before I signed the offer letter that he would look into rehiring me at my previous pay then told me he had looked and it wasn't possible. He admitted he hadn't looked into it then right there pulled up the policy and said looks like it's true. Showed it to me. I reminded him that before I signed I had offered to sign something saying I wouldn't transfer if I had my pay restored but at the time he just shrugged and said go head and transfer when the time comes. So that's what I did. I had a number of transfers where I arrived to find the mgr totally misrepresented what the job and route was on the phone beforehand. As soon as I could I transferred out. Were they glad I left? In every case they asked me to stay. I was handling the crap route no one wanted, but had to run like a maniac to do so. Transferring was often my only recourse other than filing a GFT. I did file a GFT over such a situation one time. Got my way on it but mgr messed with me every chance he got until I transferred. And still asked me to reconsider! Was too much crap involved in going through the GFT process. That same mgr and the senior told me when I tried to transfer that I couldn't, only mgrs and swings were being allowed, otherwise there was a national hiring freeze. I looked at JCATS and not only were there a lot of courier openings, but the senior had several FT openings at our sister station that week! I filed a GFT over that and watched the tap dancing begin. Our district director had me call him and explained away why my mgr and senior said what they did. Bottom line, I was more than welcome to transfer, but could I please withdraw that GFT first? You always try to portray the company in the best light, and if there's a problem it's a courier issue. What I saw was a company putting pressure on mgrs to perform, and too often they cut corners and violated policy to get the outcomes they wanted. Until they went too far at times and got fired.