Retroactive checks

ihateloading

Yes I am in the 710/705 local. My union steward could not explain to my why I was only paid the difference between $10.35 and $13 instead of $10.35 and $15 for a majority of my hours. If I’m wrong then I’m wrong. But if not I want my retro check to be paid out at the rate my union steward told me I’d get paid a month ago, which is $4.65 for every straight hour not $2.65.

Is there anyone else I could talk to?

ihateloading

Seems like the retrod you up to $13. Which is the starting pay in the new contract. I don't think areas that are bumping up to $15 will see that on the retros.
This is what I was told. Not by my union steward but someone else. It makes since(not really, but kinda lol) but I just want to make sure. It’s a nice check no matter the rate at the end of the day. And since nobody I work with knows how to log into UPSers to view their pay stubs except co workers who started after August 1st 2018, I just want to know if I was paid the correct rate or not. A portion of the check does indeed reflect the $15 bump, but majority of it doesn’t, which confused me and visibly confused my steward also

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is what I was told. Not by my union steward but someone else. It makes since(not really, but kinda lol) but I just want to make sure. It’s a nice check no matter the rate at the end of the day. And since nobody I work with knows how to log into UPSers to view their pay stubs except co workers who started after August 1st 2018, I just want to know if I was paid the correct rate or not. A portion of the check does indeed reflect the $15 bump, but majority of it doesn’t, which confused me and visibly confused my steward also

Is it possible that the $15/hr did not go into effect until the contract was ratified?

Did you just get about 4 to 6 weeks of the bump to $15, back to when the contract was ratified? And the bump to $13 from Aug 1 until the contract was ratified?

Heard some rumors about when the $15/hr actually started, but have not checked into it since it does not affect me.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yes I am in the 710/705 local. My union steward could not explain to my why I was only paid the difference between $10.35 and $13 instead of $10.35 and $15 for a majority of my hours. If I’m wrong then I’m wrong. But if not I want my retro check to be paid out at the rate my union steward told me I’d get paid a month ago, which is $4.65 for every straight hour not $2.65.

Is there anyone else I could talk to?
because you get 15 over the lifetime of the contract, you go to 13, then 50 cent raises

ihateloading

Is it possible that the $15/hr did not go into effect until the contract was ratified?

Did you just get about 4 to 6 weeks of the bump to $15, back to when the contract was ratified? And the bump to $13 from Aug 1 until the contract was ratified?

Heard some rumors about when the $15/hr actually started, but have not checked into it since it does not affect me.
Ok so We started off at $10.35 before the new contract. I got $10.60 for about 3 weeks after the new year for some reason. My pay stub does in fact show that I was paid the difference between $10.60 and $15 ($4.40) for a portion of the hours, but the overwhelming bulk of the hours are paid at $2.65, or the difference between $10.35 and $13.

I went through no pay progression as far as I’m concerned other than the bump from $10.35 to $10.60 then straight to $15. I started working at UPS before August 1st 2018 so getting back pay at a rate of $13($2.65) an hour is confusing me. The only explanation I got was that we aren’t getting back pay for our local raise ($15), but for the national raise of $13.

ihateloading

That's the rumor I was hearing.
Late reply but yeah it’s been confirmed. Everybody I talked to basically got half of what they were expecting. Our union steward didn’t know that we were getting back pay for the $13 national raise and not the $15 local raise. Probably still doesn’t even know smh lol

CKdriver

Late reply but yeah it’s been confirmed. Everybody I talked to basically got half of what they were expecting. Our union steward didn’t know that we were getting back pay for the $13 national raise and not the $15 local raise. Probably still doesn’t even know smh lol

Did you get your check in the mail?

Whitelightning1534

I want to make this as less confusing as possible so Simply put, my retro check pay stub states I worked 573 straight hours between August 1st and when we got the raise to $15 (from $10.35). I calculated 599 hours altogether but Ill look into that later.

It states I worked 22.26 OT hours and 4.92 double time hours(which seems right). I was paid the difference of $3.975 & $5.30 respectively

Where I’m lost is no where on my pay stub does it say I was paid the difference between $10.35 and $15 ($4.65) for my straight hours. I know for a while (about 3 weeks) I was paid $10.60 an hour instead of $10.35, and my retro check states that ($4.40 being the difference). BUT, for 457.69 straight hours I was paid $2.65 or The difference between $10.35 and $13 an hour and 52.81 straight hours paid at the difference of $2.40 an hour.

I make $15 an hour so why is such a large portion being paid for the difference between $13 or lower?

I hope this wasn’t to confusing. I plan to talk to my union steward tomorrow but I just want to make sure I’m not tripping lol

I don't know what check you're talking about but the contract was ratified two weeks or so ago you might want to find out where this check came from before back pay checks start coming in and yours all go to paying this mystery check back

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't know what check you're talking about but the contract was ratified two weeks or so ago you might want to find out where this check came from before back pay checks start coming in and yours all go to paying this mystery check back

He is is 705 or 710.

Their contracts were ratified in months ago and they already got their retro checks.