Retroactive checks

SameRightsForAll

So apparently payroll crapped the bed big time and checks won't be out until next month now. There are guys and girls in progression that got $3 raises based on some formula that aren't supposed to get a raise. So the extra they got last week has to be paid back and several of their checks are still showing raises this week that aren't supposed to be there

Do you have a source for this information?

Heavy Package

I want my GD money. I delivered a hella lot of cardboard for this company over the past 9 months and now they need 6-8 weeks? 3 weeks down, only 3-5 more weeks to go! Look at it this way, UPS is half way there now! I can smell that retro check like the bleach the porter's use to clean the urinals. We will eat like kings soon, men. Be patient.

suff0cati0n

Under Paid Slave
Just got out of a union meeting a little bit ago. Supposedly UPS has already started sending out retros to workers in California (take with a grain of salt). Heard this from an IBT officer himself. This means that we'll most likely see our retro checks this upcoming week or around June 1st. Also it is true, UPS payroll ****ed up and overpaid some rtd drivers but they should have already taken it back and this should not affect the retro pay.

Goku

6-8 weeks from original announcement means earliest would be mid june (next month) or latest first week in july

That announcement was made the week of May 1st. Which means that at the earliest our retros are due the first week of June and at the latest mid June. July will be 10 weeks from the announcement and 2 weeks later than their latest projections.

Teamsters should file a class action lawsuit on behalf of all members for all the interest .....
giphy (40).gif

turq

Teamsters should file a class action lawsuit on behalf of all members for all the interest .....

It's our (Teamsters) damn fault for letting it get to that point. If they are concerned about it, they should have put it into the contract.

"any retro pay is paid with interest" seems easy enough to me.

BiggieBrown

6-8 weeks is a :censored2:ing joke.
UPS, the company that can deliver a package to the other side of the world in 2 days, but needs 8 :censored2:ing weeks to direct deposit some money to accounts already in their books that they do weekly transations with.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
The Union is weak, maybe the weakest in the country. I’m willing to bet Teamsters leaders didn’t wait 6-8 weeks for their checks, ever.
This is why we the union need to VOTE out this leadership in 2021. The key word is VOTE, the union leaders and the members both need to take ownership. UPS is doing what they do best taking advantage of the contract and dragging their feet as long as they want to ensure intrest is made on our money.

This is why we the union need to VOTE out this leadership in 2021. The key word is VOTE, the union leaders and the members both need to take ownership. UPS is doing what they do best taking advantage of the contract and dragging their feet as long as they want to ensure intrest is made on our money.
I could see a couple of weeks but 6-8 is way too much.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I could see a couple of weeks but 6-8 is way too much.
I agree as well, another loophole the union didn't sure up when in contract talks. This either goes one of two ways 1. The union puts in langauge requesting a time allowance for retro checks. 2. This drives the current PTs or new members to vote any crappy contract because they didn't recieve their retro pay for 10 months and cant wait for their raises that long.

I agree as well, another loophole the union didn't sure up when in contract talks. This either goes one of two ways 1. The union puts in langauge requesting a time allowance for retro checks. 2. This drives the current PTs or new members to vote any crappy contract because they didn't recieve their retro pay for 10 months and cant wait for their raises that long.
Everything about how this entire contract went down..... Stinks.