Retroactive checks

Papa Bear

This really really sucks. I talked to a union steward that told me I was good to put in my two weeks because it would be within the 8 weeks after ratification. Now it looks like my two weeks would be up before the back pay comes in. Since I will have been at UPS a whole TWO MONTHS AFTER this thing was ratified, can they actually keep the back pay check from me? Or do I need to talk to HR and see if I can stay with the company ANOTHER month. This whole thing is really uprooting my plans if I have to stay. I had all sorts of things lined with another job in another state but my back pay check should be substantial so it would be worth sticking around if I absolutely HAVE to

No_Member_Name

This really really sucks. I talked to a union steward that told me I was good to put in my two weeks because it would be within the 8 weeks after ratification. Now it looks like my two weeks would be up before the back pay comes in. Since I will have been at UPS a whole TWO MONTHS AFTER this thing was ratified, can they actually keep the back pay check from me? Or do I need to talk to HR and see if I can stay with the company ANOTHER month. This whole thing is really uprooting my plans if I have to stay. I had all sorts of things lined with another job in another state but my back pay check should be substantial so it would be worth sticking around if I absolutely HAVE to

This is why i haven’t put in my 2 weeks. As soon as it hits my bank account on that friday, that is when I’m going to H.R and giving them my 2 weeks. I’ve already used up all my vacation, option days and sick days. Just wait on this check which should be about $400-$450 after taxes and no way I’m leaving it with them

No_Member_Name

This is why i haven’t put in my 2 weeks. As soon as it hits my bank account on that friday, that is when I’m going to H.R and giving them my 2 weeks. I’ve already used up all my vacation, option days and sick days. Just waiting on this check which should be about $400-$450 after taxes and no way I’m leaving it with them

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This is why i haven’t put in my 2 weeks. As soon as it hits my bank account on that friday, that is when I’m going to H.R and giving them my 2 weeks. I’ve already used up all my vacation, option days and sick days. Just wait on this check which should be about $400-$450 after taxes and no way I’m leaving it with them
That should really help with the rest of life. $450? I made that on Tuesday alone almost. Lmfao.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
61958509_335997587076791_8279061470386323456_n.jpg

No_Member_Name

That should really help with the rest of life. $450? I made that on Tuesday alone almost. Lmfao.

And what would u do if next weeks paycheck was missing those $450?? What it really help you with the rest of your life??

U would go right up to the shop steward and file a grievance that your missing time and your check is $450 short but then come on here and bash others for wanting their money

Congrats, you played yourself

Last edited:

Redtag_tech

And what would u do if next weeks paycheck was missing those $450?? What it really help you with the rest of your life??

U would go right up to the shop steward and file a grievance that your missing time and your check is $450 short but then come on here and bash others for wanting their money

Don’t feed the trolls.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Two different things. But I don’t mind playing with myself, so you showed me.

Brownee

660 Million...…..hmmm wonder how much more interest that will draw from now till July

Dusting off my actuarial skills:

UPS earned $9.972 million in interest from the time the contract was ratified to July 1st

assuming:

- The $660 million was "owed" evenly in lump pmts from the end of Aug to the end of April,
- Interest was compounded monthly, and
- UPS was able to "earn" 3% annually on the funds during through June 30th.

At 6% annual return, the amount is $20.102 M.

Indecisi0n

See if they offer a bcakpay transfer. Fill it out before you leave and transfer the funds to a driver before you leave and split it later .