Return To Building "AS SOON AS POSSIBLE" BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY !

whenIgetthere

My sister works for FDX. She says Dispatch knows each courier's "Return to Building" time. If you show as still being out on the road past your "RTB" time they will send you a message asking whats keeping you from meeting this goal. This report will also be on your manager's daily morning meeting. Seems like another micro-managing idea.

The last time I got one of these messages from dispatch, I replied "right now what is holding me up is pulling over to the side of the road, securing my vehicle out of traffic, and answering this question on my power pad". Funny thing, haven't gotten one of these messages since then!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Nobody ever lost their job from being to safe! The guy that got fired and eventually his job back has 34 years. People ask him why do u drive so slow? He always replies "why do u drive so fast, you are a hourly employee. Your going to work yourself out of a job". Now think about that "Work yourself out of a job" what does that mean? Prime example: you have a new courier runnin his as* off blowing out his goal on a full time route. Bragging about how well he is doing. Then management says hey this guy is getting his whole route done in 5 hours. Maybe we need to make this route Part time. An then the courier is downgraded. For what?! Working to fast! Your just leaving money on the table people. FedEx doesn't mind paying overtime, take advantage!

That's no fun unless you can do that AND come here to complain about how the company is trying to screw everyone.

59 Dano

My sister works for FDX. She says Dispatch knows each courier's "Return to Building" time. If you show as still being out on the road past your "RTB" time they will send you a message asking whats keeping you from meeting this goal. This report will also be on your manager's daily morning meeting. Seems like another micro-managing idea.

Depends on the location.

Ghostwriter

All they care about is that some engineers (who have never been on the road) have issued reports showing that efficiency can be "improved". In the virtual world of the FedEx engineer, there is no understanding of traffic, weather conditions, stairs, dogs, clueless customers, blocked alleys, or any of the literally thousands of scenarios that cost couriers time on-road.

Just another strong indicator that we are being "led" by a pack of drooling morons. The biggest drooler would be MT3.

I always thought it would be educational for the "engineers" to run a route LOL or ride along for 2 weeks straight after they have changed or most likely messed up a route. HEY, WAIT A MIN. I too can use maps, spread-sheets and tools on my computer am I an engineer? LOL The true definition of the word engineer is: one who constructs with a plan/ blue-print. I did not ever see any engineer construct a route. They just changed it via pining over a spread-sheet and looking at map for hours. (taking no consideration for traffic, weather, and courier experience.)
Change for the sake of change usually proves to be inefficient.
a wheel changed into a block then a triangle usually will become a wheel again. (then promotions are made for the wonderful improvement, when in fact there actually was no improvement made. treading water, smoke and mirrors, and yet someone gets the credit every time....

oh well, like most things- this is an after-thought.

ghost

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Depends on the location.

How would you know this?

Yeah how are you privvy to this kind of info about locations?

If you can pull yourself away from shining Fred's shoes, please take a moment to tell us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah how are you privvy to this kind of info about locations?

If you can pull yourself away from shining Fred's shoes, please take a moment to tell us.

Fred like them to be shined under the desk. I'll let your imagination fill-in the rest.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We used to get our RTB times told to us every day. It's whatever the gap report shows that dispatch is looking at. I don't think you need to be a mgr. to know this.

59 Dano

How would you know this?

How would I know that not all locations are making a big deal of RTB times? Because there are exactly 2 managers in my market who care. The rest don't care unless you are missing it often and missing it by a country mile.