RH out at 396

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Effective immediately, RH has stepped away from Local 396 and all his Teamsters positions. His staff states that he submitted his retirement and gave notice to everyone on Wednesday. Others are saying that there is an ongoing investigation at it was best for him if he stepped away now. We shall see.

Thebrownblob

Effective immediately, RH has stepped away from Local 396 and all his Teamsters positions. His staff states that he submitted his retirement and gave notice to everyone on Wednesday. Others are saying that there is an ongoing investigation at it was best for him if he stepped away now. We shall see.
Hopefully he’s Retiring because he’s ready, and not because of some emerging scandal. We really don’t need any of that right now.

Thebrownblob

I doubt he's leaving because of a scandal. To my knowledge he isn't stepping down as president of the LA Fed.
Yep lots of things change with time, he originally was running for the second spot in the international, he did not get it, perhaps he reevaluated his time, totally understandable. Like I said the very little interaction I have had with him as well as most of the things I’ve heard about him or that he’s generally respected. He had quite a bit of influence in the west he certainly will be missed by many. Time for the next leader to step up.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Looks like I was correct unfortunately.
Crazy thing is that the incident happened last year. Lawyers saying the leak violated the recording laws since California is a two party consent state. Doesn’t matter. Once the mob is after you nothing will appease them. Hopefully our new treasurer doesn’t get wrapped up with stuff like this.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I doubt he's leaving because of a scandal. To my knowledge he isn't stepping down as president of the LA Fed.
This didn’t age too well, lol.
AA57A7C4-0B4E-408E-B1CE-ED34400585BD.jpeg

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I was wondering when someone would mention me.

It's interesting that H said nothing but you jump on it like he was the one that said these things. Especially when you openly do the same thing on here.

Anyways, its an eye opener to those that really believe any politician really does what they do for the people.
Chill, man. I was just busting your chops. Whatever was said is pretty tame, but like any form of politics it’s just typical mudslinging. The timing of his resignation and secrecy is what caused suspicion on my behalf. He wasn’t even at the swearing in of our new treasurer. I only spoke to him briefly, once, and he just congratulated me in becoming a steward. I was debating posting the news of his resignation here when it happened, but I decided to wait for someone else to post it. This is just a lesson to watch who you surround yourself with and to keep your mouth shut and to always look for bugs, lol.

542thruNthru

Chill, man. I was just busting your chops. Whatever was said is pretty tame, but like any form of politics it’s just typical mudslinging. The timing of his resignation and secrecy is what caused suspicion on my behalf. He wasn’t even at the swearing in of our new treasurer. I only spoke to him briefly, once, and he just congratulated me in becoming a steward. I was debating posting the news of his resignation here when it happened, but I decided to wait for someone else to post it. This is just a lesson to watch who you surround yourself with and to keep your mouth shut and to always look for bugs, lol.
Sorry didn't mean for it to seem like I was coming down on you personally. I just know most on here have said or agreed with worse but will jump all over this just because it's H.

Either way. I agree it was stupid and you should always assume you're being recorded these days.

Congrats on becoming a steward.

Thebrownblob

Sorry didn't mean for it to seem like I was coming down on you personally. I just know most on here have said or agreed with worse but will jump all over this just because it's H.

Either way. I agree it was stupid and you should always assume you're being recorded these days.

I’ve met RH several times, I have quite a bit of respect for him. Unfortunately that’s how these things go. The mob will come after him, guilt by association I suppose.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd

I don’t know too much about him, but many people vouch for him who have been in our local a long time. I personally didn’t vote for the Vairma/H slate for the IBT due to the endorsement from Hoffa. That said, we all make mistakes, and when you’re a public figure your reputation must be maintained 24/7. Stewardship has its days, but it’s made me more outspoken. Gotta grind out those speech points somehow, lol.

Yolo

I spoke with Ron today. He's actually the one who leaked the recording. He was ready for retirement but wanted to take a few people down before he left.