RIP Driver. Only 23 years old

Dr.Brownz

quad decade guy

Because a guy carrying a gun gives a * about committing the crime of trespassing...
Not just a "guy"......an employee. Not trespassing....going to work everyday. Did you read his post? Try some context.

Pay a little more attention. OMG. He said screw the rules....I'm carrying a gun(at work)...it's against company policy and the law(if UPS

posts signs saying so)(on property).

Not just a "guy"......an employee. Not trespassing....going to work everyday. Did you read his post? Try some context.

Pay a little more attention. OMG. He said screw the rules....I'm carrying a gun(at work)...it's against company policy and the law(if UPS

posts signs saying so)(on property).

I read it. It's a trespassing violation in most states.

quad decade guy

I read it. It's a trespassing violation in most states.
Ok. So he IS committing a crime and would be fired on the spot. If he didn't bring it through the metal detector(Yes, I know some places don't have them....) that would be dishonesty. I guess if he isn't concerned with any of that, yeah why would he care?

Way more likely to get caught than shot....probably.

Well here, a hefty fine and jail time too. Lose your carry permit too....forever.

Est.1998

Sad but lacking details. Maybe road rage or he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I agree the shooter should get at least life without possibility of parole if not the death penalty.
Chances are it was road rage.
We run across this everyday we're behind the wheel.
Most will simply throw us the bird or lay on the horn but you have that small few that really want to prove something.
I try my best not to block driveways, other cars, and always yield the right of way and that's still not enough.

quad decade guy

Chances are it was road rage.
We run across this everyday we're behind the wheel.
Most will simply throw us the bird or lay on the horn but you have that small few that really want to prove something.
I try my best not to block driveways, other cars, and always yield the right of way and that's still not enough.
I know this is in the "methods". Never really understood it's meaning. Are you saying you give up your right of way(on road)? I submit that this practice is very dangerous. IE slowing down flows of traffic because others really don't know what to expect from you....YOU have the right of way. Just as when others don't yield. So, you either have the right of way or not. If you don't, you have to yield. This is law.
Of course you yield when required....why wouldn't you? And why is it even mentioned?

For example: Seatbelts and stop signs on property are mentioned as they aren't "law"(on private property).

quad decade guy

Yes, trespassing. It's apparently a big deal to him.
A whole, here if you bring a gun ANYWHERE and it's posted that(property owner) they don't want you to....it is a crime.....misdemeanor. Go to jail, lose your gun permit and lose your job....yeah that's a big deal.. Idiot. You can't have a gun at work at UPS. Another obtuse idiot.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPS has a no firearms policy. A couple of years ago we had a driver try to walk through the guard gate on Monday morning and got caught when the metal detector went off. He claimed that he forgot it was in his backpack after going shooting over the weekend. He was fired and the union and his supervisors could not do anything about it. Due to liability issues, there is no way the company will ever allow employees to carry. UPS would be sued left and right every time somebody pulled one out.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS has a no firearms policy. A couple of years ago we had a driver try to walk through the guard gate on Monday morning and got caught when the metal detector went off. He claimed that he forgot it was in his backpack after going shooting over the weekend. He was fired and the union and his supervisors could not do anything about it. Due to liability issues, there is no way the company will ever allow employees to carry. UPS would be sued left and right every time somebody pulled one out.
If you try to walk in carrying you will certainly be fired if caught. Only way you might have a case would be if you left a gun locked in your car. Legal but some overly zealous people might try to make an issue of it.

If you try to walk in carrying you will certainly be fired if caught. Only way you might have a case would be if you left a gun locked in your car. Legal but some overly zealous people might try to make an issue of it.
Our employee parking lot is UPS property. You can be terminated for having drugs or alcohol in your vehicle.