RIP Driver. Only 23 years old

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
When it becomes an epidemic.... maybe UPS will notice ?

It might get to a point were UPS drivers will not be permitted to deliver in certain urban areas. Just for liability reasons and the safety of their employees.

Simple as listing the delivery as Emergency Conditions, or automatically hold all packages for pick up at the designated access locations.

It might get to a point were UPS drivers will not be permitted to deliver in certain urban areas. Just for liability reasons and the safety of their employees.

Simple as listing the delivery as Emergency Conditions, or automatically hold all packages for pick up at the designated access locations.
I thought UPS already red lined areas of certain cities.

quad decade guy

I believe this is policy in some "places". Some places of Chicago....I've heard....you know....the hood.

wilberforce15

A little more complicated than that....but you are on the right track.
If Dylan the Raleigh Driver had claimed he felt unsafe and refused to deliver, he'd have been written up or shown the door if he kept at it.

He knew he was in danger. He'd told his mom he was in danger. Every supervisor in the building knew.

And yet....

If Dylan the Raleigh Driver had claimed he felt unsafe and refused to deliver, he'd have been written up or shown the door if he kept at it.

He knew he was in danger. He'd told his mom he was in danger. Every supervisor in the building knew.

And yet....
It sounds like it was a random act of violence. Could have been the mailman, FedEx, or Amazon delivery driver. Not trying to minimize the situation but life is full of uncertainties.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Hub has certain areas we don't deliver due to robberies of package drivers. There are some city blocks and certain apartment complexes we quit delivering to. I was working at the Customer Counter for a while on light duty after a foot injury and those people had to come get their stuff.

My Hub has certain areas we don't deliver due to robberies of package drivers. There are some city blocks and certain apartment complexes we quit delivering to. I was working at the Customer Counter for a while on light duty after a foot injury and those people had to come get their stuff.
We have one small section like that here

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Closing an area to delivery is an incredibly complex thing, especially if it's safety related since that opens a pandora's box of discrimination accusations and lawsuits

Using theft as an excuse is far easier to justify

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun

I used to deliver in the projects and while I never had a problem with anyone there I was always on guard. I treated it as a business and went there first thing in the morning. I would never go there after 5. If management would ever tell me anything I would sheeted it missed. Luckily they somewhat understood and left me alone.

Gixxer2003

My heart goes out to the driver I didn’t know him but he’s of us I’m a 26 year retired Driver. I have to say something I’m very surprised that no one knew that this guy (the killer) was gonna shoot this driver on February 11 2021 at 11: 14 am people knew him, no one hacked his gps in his phone and followed him every where he goes hacked his internet and saw what he looks at on the internet put his address on one of these viral website tell everyone in the community he’s crazy, he’s Gay so that people are driving past his house every day all day staring at his house. No one was watching him keeping and eye on him He came and went every day and no one put the word on the street maybe if they did this poor guy would still be alive. My point. Is people are always accusing the wrong people of being a potential killer rapist Gay gonna break into your house at 3am He’s gonna get in your face for no reason. Etc maybe if you did this poor guy would still be alive. But just like every sad case i see like this it’s always a person that no one pays attention to that is the real murderer no one sees a thing when a 12 year old girl is abducted right off her front lawn going to the bus stop at 7am raped and murdered and left in the woods to die no one sees nothing. but yet i walk to my mailbox at 7am to get my mail and everyone on my block knows i just picked up the mail you know how i know because right after I’m done I watch them all go out and get their mail too. The wrong people are always being accused of something because people are to coward to approach the real perp. It’s a sad world we live in people care about nonsense gossip more than anything today. Someone scratches there head and in an hour its on twitter for the world to see. Nonsense SMH.