RIP moreluck (on topic)

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I received the following email from moreluck's husband this morning...

Cheryl,

For those friends of Joyce, the Lord called her to his side. Joyce passed away Saturday May 09 2020. Joyce passed away from complications due to her Ovarian Cancer that she has been battling since 2008. She was a fighter and never gave up. She fought her battle without ever complaining thru all the treatments she had. Our hearts are broken, but our memories and love are eternal. I know she is with the Lord, family and friends.

Thank you all for your friendly emails over the years. She was a paper letter writer for years prior to AOL and emails (LOL). With technology she was able to communicate with everyone so quickly. She loved and looked forward to getting up in the morning and reading the emails. And especially getting the BrownCafe.

Cheryl please let her friends on the BrownCafe know. She loved the BrownCafe.

A celebration of Joyce’s life will be held at a later date.

Thank you all

I received the following email from moreluck's husband this morning...

Cheryl,

For those friends of Joyce, the Lord called her to his side. Joyce passed away Saturday May 09 2020. Joyce passed away from complications due to her Ovarian Cancer that she has been battling since 2008. She was a fighter and never gave up. She fought her battle without ever complaining thru all the treatments she had. Our hearts are broken, but our memories and love are eternal. I know she is with the Lord, family and friends.

Thank you all for your friendly emails over the years. She was a paper letter writer for years prior to AOL and emails (LOL). With technology she was able to communicate with everyone so quickly. She loved and looked forward to getting up in the morning and reading the emails. And especially getting the BrownCafe.

Cheryl please let her friends on the BrownCafe know. She loved the BrownCafe.

A celebration of Joyce’s life will be held at a later date.

Thank you all
That's terrible news. I was wondering why she hasn't posted lately.

I'll miss that DOB

rod

Retired 22 years
RIP dear friend. I always enjoyed getting her yearly Christmas cards. I still remember getting the first one and my wife wanting to know who was the "Joyce" I knew in California. It was one of those "Jake-from State Farm" moments. Damn -- this is just terrible news.

RIP dear friend. I always enjoyed getting her yearly Christmas cards. I still remember getting the first one and my wife wanting to know who was the "Joyce" I knew in California. It was one of those "Jake-from State Farm" moments. Damn -- this is just terrible news.
She always sent them out early. It was usually the first Christmas card I got every year