RIP moreluck (on topic)

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
My deepest sympathies to @moreluck family on her passing. I always respected how she handled some of the dickish posters on here with dignity and class. While I only had limited interaction with her on here, I truly appreciated that she took the time to thank me for defending her against one of @UpstateNYUPSer mean spirited attacks on her.
Yea... but, did you get a Christmas card?
No...I didn’t think so.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I received the following email from moreluck's husband this morning...

Cheryl,

For those friends of Joyce, the Lord called her to his side. Joyce passed away Saturday May 09 2020. Joyce passed away from complications due to her Ovarian Cancer that she has been battling since 2008. She was a fighter and never gave up. She fought her battle without ever complaining thru all the treatments she had. Our hearts are broken, but our memories and love are eternal. I know she is with the Lord, family and friends.

Thank you all for your friendly emails over the years. She was a paper letter writer for years prior to AOL and emails (LOL). With technology she was able to communicate with everyone so quickly. She loved and looked forward to getting up in the morning and reading the emails. And especially getting the BrownCafe.

Cheryl please let her friends on the BrownCafe know. She loved the BrownCafe.

A celebration of Joyce’s life will be held at a later date.

Thank you all
RIP Joyce!!!
Peace to Hammer and their family and friends.

We messaged a lot back and forth on our illnesses.
She was a fighter for sure.
We traded Christmas cards every year ... I'm going to miss her.
Just too damn many people I know passing in the last year!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I am truly saddened by the passing of Joyce. She always brightened our days with her no nonsense attitude and her prodigious posting. She and I would talk about places around Akron that we had in common. I think I'll run out and get some Swenson burgers in her honor.

floridays

I do

RIP Moreluck

I asked her one time about Ricky Nelson, she would have no part of it.

Bobby Darin was her heartthrob.

More,
this is for You and your loving Husband

You are missed:thumbup1:

542thruNthru

I didn't really know moreluck too well. By the time I really started posting on browncafe she was primarily posting in Current Events. I know she was a true animal lover and never took crap from anyone. I'm sorry to hear of her death and my condolences to her family and friends.

oldngray

nowhere special
I didn't really know moreluck too well. By the time I really started posting on browncafe she was primarily posting in Current Events. I know she was a true animal lover and never took crap from anyone. I'm sorry to hear of her death and my condolences to her family and friends.
Where she lived reminded me of Nixon's western white house. Probably closer to tony than to you.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Where she lived reminded me of Nixon's western white house. Probably closer to tony than to you.

Yeah I know she was just up the road from me. I believe Orange County.

Yes, Joyce was in south Orange County in San Clemente. We live in San Juan Capistrano, the very next city north of her, beautiful country.

The Nixon compound was in San Clemente.

South of San Clemente is a huge area of land, the Marine Corp's Camp Pendelton. After that, continuing south it is Oceanside and into San Diego County.

Yes, Joyce was in south Orange County in San Clemente. We live in San Juan Capistrano, the very next city north of her, beautiful country.

The Nixon compound was in San Clemente.

South of San Clemente is a huge area of land, the Marine Corp's Camp Pendelton. After that, continuing south it is Oceanside and into San Diego County.
I'm just a little disappointed in some of our long-time posters that gave a generic RIP
Moreluck

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I emailed moreluck's husband to ask about making a donation to a charity on behalf of browncafe.

He sent me this link. www.hoaghospitalfoundation.org/give

moreluck.png