RIP Two Gender DR

JustDeliverIt

Seems to make things simpler for the driver. If you deliver the package to a human you just hit that one button. If issues arise later the Company can expend the additional resources necessary to figure out the details of the delivery. You don't want to accidentally misgender someone if management starts asking if the customer was a man or a woman, boy or a girl. And you know they will.

Hope the change was worth it.

Honestly, it is easier. Met customer and move on with one button no matter who. If there’s an issue, company can figure it out.

Just replace it with something we can use. To put a dead option on the first page of choices is dumb.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Ya, displace 99.9% of sane society for the insane .1%. It makes sense if you don't think about it. Liberal lunacy.
:censored2: snowflakery, more like. Can't stand for a company or society to just be nice and inclusive and tolerant. It costs you nothing to just be nice and move on with your life.

Steamer

:censored2: snowflakery, more like. Can't stand for a company or society to just be nice and inclusive and tolerant. It costs you nothing to just be nice and move on with your life.
Says the non-inclusive liberal idealist. Ironic that you see it as being nice. But if you flip it for those that don't want to be included you must force them to be included in this insane thought process.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Seems to make things simpler for the driver. If you deliver the package to a human you just hit that one button. If issues arise later the Company can expend the additional resources necessary to figure out the details of the delivery.
The point is to have a record of who received it. I don't think it makes it easier, and it certainly would make a driver follow up more difficult.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't know what your silly podunk has you on, I will MCM before I even really see the customer. And will be off on my merry way before I even bother to think about their name or appearance.

Regarding mailboxes, if the usps courier can physically open the box, it's completely off limits, if it is attached or leads directly into the house then only for the smallest of envelopes and only if it is the only reasonable place to deter theft, if it is a business mail slot, I will use it without much thought. And infonotices on the mailbox regarding an alternative delivery location are not going to raise an eyebrow.

It's interesting to note that these tiny packages tend to be surepost regardless, so a customer really won't think much about whether it was the UPS driver or the mail courier that placed that item into their mail slot.

Why they made it an option though is frankly ridiculous