road driver here but I just got called in to work the city...

hop_devil

I'm an extra board road driver and I didn't work last night. Today they called me and left a message telling me to come in to work the city. I've never been trained on that side of things (Dyad, etc). Not only that but I've had a couple beers with my lunch. I'm getting ready to go to bed to prepare for tonight's work. What should I do?

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
I'm a city guy here that's a tough predicament with the beers I dunno if you wanna risk going in with the alcohol I don't know what the best thing to do is but I'd probably not after the beers, in surprised though that your not on call 24 hours being on the extra board and all, guys on road extra board in my barn are on call all day all night maybe the beers wasn't a good idea? The Diad they could probably give ya a ten minute crash course on, not that hard and I'm sure if they called u in to run the city chances are they probably wouldn't come down on ya for any diad mistakes but the beers thing is the dilemma here IMO I dunno if you've been at the job a while and not super new I'd call your steward and tell him the situation

ch317273

Come to think of it that's what I'd do is call ur steward asap, your extra board is different bc again my barn those guys are on call 24 hours Monday thru Friday and then sign up for weekends, beers would be a mistake bc the phone could ring anytime

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm an extra board road driver and I didn't work last night. Today they called me and left a message telling me to come in to work the city. I've never been trained on that side of things (Dyad, etc). Not only that but I've had a couple beers with my lunch. I'm getting ready to go to bed to prepare for tonight's work. What should I do?
If you drank...you don't go to work....duh.

ch317273

Regarding training the gig is peddling freight it ain't that big a deal, pretty self explanatory and the diad is just a glorified electronic stop sheet and pickups will buzz in sparatically with the time the business closes, u can figure it out with another city guy giving ya a quick demo

ch317273

Yeah I agree with bleeding the beers is the issue here I would not drive after beers, as for how to go about calling dispatch back I'd consult your steward dunno if telling them Youve had a few would be in your best interest especially if u were supposed to be on call

hop_devil

an update… I called the city steward and he told me to call in a couple hours later and tell them I was sleeping and didn't get the voicemail til just then. it worked.. this time anyway

ch317273

an update… I called the city steward and he told me to call in a couple hours later and tell them I was sleeping and didn't get the voicemail til just then. it worked.. this time anyway
Hey good deal glad it worked out