roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doing time

what page talks about tightening or loosening it? what page shows a demonstration of curbed wheels? what page talks about a sup testing new drivers AT LEAST ONCE?????? where are the official training videos from 1984 that would have helped me keep this job in 2020????

Every time this guy writes something I become less hopeful about the future of our country.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
i mean, obviously... union had no business agreeing to "cardinal sins" without a clause that put the burden of proof on the company that they trained and quizzed a new driver on whatever the sin was at least 2x. too many drivers would be happy to earn a bonus and train right if sups dont want too.
You have to give in somewhere. We have some of the strongest language across the board, especially for termination and harassment.

So did you challenge your termination or are you walking?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I agree with you.
Me too. Only on the part about most of us being flown in anywhere...

I was given an address in the dregs of the city (Maspeth queens) and a date and time to report there and “have a nice day kid, close the door behind you please”

Spent a week and some change traveling to and from this center, 50 miles from my house. On my own dime, without the possibility of keeping the job if even one minute late… I kid you not we had a guy come in at 8:05 AM, instructor asked the class if we should give him the pass and that there would only be one. We gave him the pass. Two days later, another guy comes in at 8:02 AM, sits down, is immediately told to stand back up and collect his :censored2:. Disqualified.

Hell if I had a hotel, I would’ve used their printer for free and printed the entire 340 Methods, put them in a 3 ring binder, and made two more of these to sell to my classmates!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
what page talks about tightening or loosening it?
If you would have done a test tug against the brake, you would have noticed it wasn’t adequate. Your failure to pre trip is your own fault.

what page shows a demonstration of curbed wheels?
Honestly man, you need to know this to get your regular license. It’s not rocket science.

what page talks about a sup testing new drivers AT LEAST ONCE??????
If only there was a week long training and tests they put new drivers through before they ever go out by themselves. Oh what would we call that class?

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If only there was a week long training and tests they put new drivers through before they ever jump on a route. Oh what would we call that class?

The OP completed Integrad, but was never started on a 30-day training packet ?

And then, had a rollaway accident.... after 2 months of driving ?

Am I missing something ?

11.19igrad

If you would have done a test tug against the brake, you would have noticed it wasn’t adequate. Your failure to pre trip is your own fault.

Honestly man, you need to know this to get your regular license. It’s not rocket science.

If only there was a week long training and tests they put new drivers through before they ever go out by themselves. Oh what would we call that class?
we didnt do a single stop we didnt check the handbrake once we didnt curb wheels once in class. im not weak or dumb or stupid but i did need to be shown these things just once. ive never seen a ups truck with curbed wheels out and about. not once. that one week of sitting in a chair is an insult to the job calling that training. we need to ride along for 2 weeks with trainer drivers. not perched up eating catered lunches reciting crap like we are in 5th grade catholic school.

Integrity

Binge Poster
we didnt do a single stop we didnt check the handbrake once we didnt curb wheels once in class. im not weak or dumb or stupid but i did need to be shown these things just once. ive never seen a ups truck with curbed wheels out and about. not once. that one week of sitting in a chair is an insult to the job calling that training. we need to ride along for 2 weeks with trainer drivers. not perched up eating catered lunches reciting crap like we are in 5th grade catholic school.
What are you hoping to accomplish by furthering this discussion?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
i mean, obviously... union had no business agreeing to "cardinal sins" without a clause that put the burden of proof on the company that they trained and quizzed a new driver on whatever the sin was at least 2x. too many drivers would be happy to earn a bonus and train right if sups dont want too.
You just don't give up do you?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don’t cuddle with anyone but my spouse.

EB1A1A26-EACD-4195-9087-D5EC2641298C.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.