roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
we didnt do a single stop we didnt check the handbrake once we didnt curb wheels once in class. im not weak or dumb or stupid but i did need to be shown these things just once. ive never seen a ups truck with curbed wheels out and about. not once. that one week of sitting in a chair is an insult to the job calling that training. we need to ride along for 2 weeks with trainer drivers. not perched up eating catered lunches reciting crap like we are in 5th grade catholic school.

but somehow literally hundreds of thousands of folks have figured it out

did it ever cross your mind that you might not be cut out to drive a package car?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

did it ever cross your mind that you might not be cut out to drive a package car?
That’s what gets me about this guy. A normal, well adjusted person would take some sort of accountability and try to learn from the experience. Instead, he blames everything and everyone under the sun EXCEPT for himself. He’s going to have a hard life if he can’t learn to take lessons like this and grow from them. He screwed up, that’s fine we all make mistakes. But for Christ’s sake man, own it and stop blaming other people for your :censored2: ups.

11.19igrad

That’s what gets me about this guy. A normal, well adjusted person would take some sort of accountability and try to learn from the experience. Instead, he blames everything and everyone under the sun EXCEPT for himself. He’s going to have a hard life if he can’t learn to take lessons like this and grow from them. He screwed up, that’s fine we all make mistakes. But for Christ’s sake man, own it and stop blaming other people for your :censored2: ups.
if it wasnt for the sup scrambling to show me crap i had never seen before that night and for the other drivers on this thread who also had never been shown this stuff and corroborated that it's not taught in training then i would just remain eternally confused how this happened. 13,000 stops give or take in 10 weeks driving i gave no second thought to my parking methods. without alarms going off and the truck still :censored2: seemed fine. stop sounding like every other broken record -at least be original with your nuggets of wisdom.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
if it wasnt for the sup scrambling to show me crap i had never seen before that night and for the other drivers on this thread who also had never been shown this stuff and corroborated that it's not taught in training then i would just remain eternally confused how this happened. 13,000 stops give or take in 10 weeks driving i gave no second thought to my parking methods. without alarms going off and the truck still :censored2: seemed fine. stop sounding like every other broken record -at least be original with your nuggets of wisdom.

13000 stops in ten weeks? You’re a superstar. You never should have been canned.
/s

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
And you’re still doing it. Doesn’t matter what wisdom I try to bestow on you, you won’t hear it and it’s already been said in this thread ad nauseam. It’s never your fault, take zero blame for your mess ups and keep living in denial. Life is going to :censored2: you up, son.

Last edited:
You still never answered my question
Did you or did you not curb your wheels?

Integrity

Binge Poster
What are you hoping to accomplish?

11.19igrad

And you’re still doing it. Doesn’t matter what wisdom I try to bestow on you, you won’t hear it and it’s already been said in this thread ad nauseam. It’s never your fault, take zero blame for your mess ups and keep living in denial. Life is going to :censored2: you up, son.
:censored2: i aint your son

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.

You still never answered my question
Did you or did you not curb your wheels?
He was never trained.

Could you imagine potty training him?
@11.19igrad I'm not talking to you. I want an answer from the above mentioned.

Me and the OP are most likely from the same, shoddy generation. I'm 24 y/old. Today, I was out running errands before I start training again next week for 22.4... I was driving this:
73C8E09D-5C27-46BE-8E8B-96849A096F85.jpeg

I'm on a 55 MPH state hwy crossing the border into Connecticut. I'm maintaining my 5 and 10, rounding a blind curve before a ~50ft. elevation drop into town. This happens:
IMG_0922.JPG

Brake pedal is on the floor. Fluid spitting everywhere. And I'm rolling into a populated area! 60 in a 25 and about as helpless as a one-legged man in an asskicking contest.

What factors influenced me, as I was growing up in the same era/country as OP, to be able to apply <insert term here, common sense maybe?> in the situation at hand and come to a smooth stop in a drive thru without incident.
61913291597__5C108704-82DF-4637-9483-880DCE64770C.JPG

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Oh, and then I troubleshooted it. Yes, in the Walgreens drive-thru. With soccer moms cursing me for having to drive around to pick up little Johnny's allergy meds.
DB7C42BD-FB62-4A42-81E6-E97BFC8964F6_1_201_a.jpeg

Guess where the car is right now... the same driveway it was in when I woke up. Problem solved. My fault for being broke and driving a POS. Not Volvo. Not Sweden. Not Westinghouse for selling his air brake to GE instead of the auto industry. Not my mother for being retired in FL instead of giving me a check ride to make sure I don't mess up. Not God for making cars, or brakes. @Yeet Maybe they need a crash barrier for every car to slam in to at the bottom of that hill! Just in case ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.