roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 119 post till we hit 1,000. We can do it, if we all just try.

11.19igrad

i WaSn'T tRaInEd.
you guys have a chubby for admitting fault like its winning the lottery. if wanting to learn a new job well makes me > insert whatever < then fine. no one else can earn your paycheck, you have too. if others are born with infinite knowledge of the universe good for them. other people like me just needed training from one person who believed in good -on the job-training and not just "go faster". for $20/hr and no protections ups makes too much profit and is too careless for me to take all the blame. other drivers demolish a whole city block and keep their job. 😒😒😒😒😒

Integrity

Binge Poster
you guys have a chubby for admitting fault like its winning the lottery. if wanting to learn a new job well makes me > insert whatever < then fine. no one else can earn your paycheck, you have too. if others are born with infinite knowledge of the universe good for them. other people like me just needed training from one person who believed in good -on the job-training and not just "go faster". for $20/hr and no protections ups makes too much profit and is too careless for me to take all the blame. other drivers demolish a whole city block and keep their job. 😒😒😒😒😒
Can’t argue with you there.

I know a guy who was seriously injured in a roll away and kept his job.

You don't even work here anymore, why are you still here?

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
i WaSn't tRaIneD

Can’t argue with you there.

I know a guy who was seriously injured in a roll away and kept his job.

I know one and know of another. Both guys were very forthright with the incidents and accepted responsibility. Both are overall assets to the company, good workers who had bad days.

Seems like they knew what they had and wanted to trim the fat the first time he was in an accident, but he was saved by the union. Second time they got it right.

11.19igrad

I know one and know of another. Both guys were very forthright with the incidents and accepted responsibility. Both are overall assets to the company, good workers who had bad days.

Seems like they knew what they had and wanted to trim the fat the first time he was in an accident, but he was saved by the union. Second time they got it right.
i really dont care someone backing into my truck out of a driveway while i was delivering doesn't count. didnt even speak english 😒😒😒😒😒😒

Integrity

Binge Poster

Can’t argue with that.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
@11.19igrad The reason why I keep replying to this thread is because I want to get to the bottom of something. That is the fact that this industry needs people like you, and people like me.

• People like me have a tendency to exhibit alarmingly little emotion during situations that a normal person would have a reaction to.
  • People like me follow checklists, for the :censored2: of it.
  • People like me have no other skills to offer outside of the aforementioned, if you would even call those skills.
My ex-wife left me because I couldn’t provide her the stability that she needed, on top of all the honky-tonking, and emotional indifference I picked up in the Marine Corps (by no fault of their own). She want somebody like you, somebody who already has her unemployment squared away. Somebody who can keep the same phone number for a long period time. Somebody with years of experience demonstrated in a specific study or field.

Now here’s the interesting part. Our industry, transportation, is haphazardly jumping into automation. You mentioned that you were into coding; do you know how much more money you could make at UPS, FedEx, IBM (who I believed engineered the DIAD alongside Microsoft), General Electric, Volvo, Siemens, or a railroad in the engineering or AI departments?

^^ (notice how this damaged American G.I. doesn’t even have the intellectual ability to distinguish between IT, programming, and engineering)

For example, GE just recently retrofitted a few hundred locomotives (engines) for CSX and Norfolk Southern, the two richest railroads on the East Coast, with a technology they termed “Trip Optimizer” or TO. Trip optimizer is a way to automate almost every aspect of a freight train’s operation. Combined with PTC, and a LOT of input from operating and mechanical employees, TO attempts to perfect the art of train handling once only able to be exhibited by veteran trainmen, autonomously. It’s main function is to reduce emissions, but it is marketed as well for the mitigation of safety hazards that can arise from human error.

I’ve never run trip optimizer, but i’ve spoken with countless engineers and conductors who described the technology as delay-creating, distracting, faulty, deadly, you get the point. Much like Orion, it is pretty much unilaterally despised among operating employees.

But automation is the future of our country, like it or not. Automation is only possible because of people like you. I would jump off a two-story building before I took a job sitting at a computer for nine hours a day, five days a week, typing code. I’ll re-enlist in the Marine Corps and sit at an MP station all night taking domestic violence reports before I take a job programming or catching AI redundancies. Or even go back to school, for that matter.

You are not any less of a man, because you couldn’t dumb yourself down to my level and performed that 340 checklist, which I printed then downloaded because I was desperate and I knew I needed to be the best I possibly could’ve at this job, due to having no other options; I was very lucky to even be at UPS considering my past/baggage.

Automation will be a deadly endeavor without people like me and the drivers on this form, to be able to give their input from years of truck driving and box handling.

And, automation would not even exist and America would be far surpassed by other countries’ technologies/economy if it wasn’t for people like you who have the brain and skill set to code and program these things.

@11.19igrad The reason why I keep replying to this thread is because I want to get to the bottom of something. That is the fact that this industry needs people like you, and people like me.

• People like me have a tendency to exhibit alarmingly little emotion during situations that a normal person would have a reaction to.
  • People like me follow checklists, for the :censored2: of it.
  • People like me have no other skills to offer outside of the aforementioned, if you would even call those skills.
My ex-wife left me because I couldn’t provide her the stability that she needed, on top of all the honky-tonking, and emotional indifference I picked up in the Marine Corps (by no fault of their own). She want somebody like you, somebody who already has her unemployment squared away. Somebody who can keep the same phone number for a long period time. Somebody with years of experience demonstrated in a specific study or field.

Now here’s the interesting part. Our industry, transportation, is haphazardly jumping into automation. You mentioned that you were into coding; do you know how much more money you could make at UPS, FedEx, IBM (who I believed engineered the DIAD alongside Microsoft), General Electric, Volvo, Siemens, or a railroad in the engineering or AI departments?

^^ (notice how this damaged American G.I. doesn’t even have the intellectual ability to distinguish between IT, programming, and engineering)

For example, GE just recently retrofitted a few hundred locomotives (engines) for CSX and Norfolk Southern, the two richest railroads on the East Coast, with a technology they termed “Trip Optimizer” or TO. Trip optimizer is a way to automate almost every aspect of a freight train’s operation. Combined with PTC, and a LOT of input from operating and mechanical employees, TO attempts to perfect the art of train handling once only able to be exhibited by veteran trainmen, autonomously. It’s main function is to reduce emissions, but it is marketed as well for the mitigation of safety hazards that can arise from human error.

I’ve never run trip optimizer, but i’ve spoken with countless engineers and conductors who described the technology as delay-creating, distracting, faulty, deadly, you get the point. Much like Orion, it is pretty much unilaterally despised among operating employees.

But automation is the future of our country, like it or not. Automation is only possible because of people like you. I would jump off a two-story building before I took a job sitting at a computer for nine hours a day, five days a week, typing code. I’ll re-enlist in the Marine Corps and sit at an MP station all night taking domestic violence reports before I take a job programming or catching AI redundancies. Or even go back to school, for that matter.

You are not any less of a man, because you couldn’t dumb yourself down to my level and performed that 340 checklist, which I printed then downloaded because I was desperate and I knew I needed to be the best I possibly could’ve at this job, due to having no other options; I was very lucky to even be at UPS considering my past/baggage.

Automation will be a deadly endeavor without people like me and the drivers on this form, to be able to give their input from years of truck driving and box handling.

And, automation would not even exist and America would be far surpassed by other countries’ technologies/economy if it wasn’t for people like you who have the brain and skill set to code and program these things.

4649ee85d696faa8598a44f8285885142361fa80.jpg

11.19igrad

question. who, after returning from integrad, had anyone actually watch you do a pretrip or watch you do a full, say 10 deliveries, and then they cursed you out afterwards about everything you did wrong and you never forgot it?
this company doesnt care if you DIE because they emotionally CHOOSE that you're not worth the human dignity of proper training even though you are willing and able to "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " get a job". I did these things. UPS is Anti- American. im not the bitch- THEY ARE

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
question. who, after returning from integrad, had anyone actually watch you do a pretrip or watch you do a full, say 10 deliveries, and then they cursed you out afterwards about everything you did wrong and you never forgot it?
this company doesnt care if you DIE because they emotionally CHOOSE that you're not worth the human dignity of proper training even though you are willing and able to "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and " get a job". I did these things. UPS is Anti- American. im not the bitch- THEY ARE

how long you going to go on about this?

p.s. Nobody Cares

Status
Not open for further replies.