rolling volume

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
In the Tacoma building this morning January 6th, they rolled 18 trailers volume. I know we had some snow this week that contributed to this delivery problem, but now COVID has hit the building having 50 drivers along with 2 managers calling out. Which means they will be out a minimum of 10 days per UPS mandate. I know not everyone is not in favor of getting vaxed, but at least wear a mask while in the building.

Signs are posted that mandate mask wearing, but when I walk through the building many drivers are congregating, talking and unmasked. One of our mechanics has contracted COVID for the 3rd time, hopefully he makes it. Just mask up for the sake of others please.
shove-push.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Based on what? At the three closest hospitals to me, over half of the admissions for covid are fully vaccinated, which means some of the not "fully vaxxeD" have probably had a shot or two which means WAY LESS than half are unvaccinated. Strange that doesn't seem to match the narrative that corporate media has been pushing in conjunction with the government. Why is that?
They may have been admitted but for the most part their symptoms are much milder than those who have not received any of the shots and very few of them end up on a ventilator or have their priest stop by for a chat.

Thebrownblob

They may have been admitted but for the most part their symptoms are much milder than those who have not received any of the shots and very few of them end up on a ventilator or have their priest stop by for a chat.
Misleading at best. Definitely overblown especially as New variant is vaccine resistant.

Nonetheless, using various modeling assumptions, CDC epidemiologists estimate that the actual number of hospitalizations may be 1.8 times higher than the reported number. If these estimates are accurate, the true rate of hospitalization risk for the unvaccinated population is 1.6% and as high as 0.2% for the vaccinated population. In either case, the public's misunderstanding of risk is roughly just as inaccurate.

Very few of either vaccinated or unvaccinated go to the hospital and of the 1-5% who do about 1-2% of those are ventilated.
Here’s The real reason most people end up in the hospital.
  • A study estimated that nearly two-thirds of COVID-19 hospitalizations in the U.S. could be attributed to obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and heart failure.

Not vaccine status.

Last edited:

UPSBD

Supa Star
lol, typical. You yahoo's don't care about anybody but yourselves, as a 33 year teamster I've seen it all these last few years. We need facial hair, our hair needs to be down to our shoulders I need my freedom. Just reading responses from red neck hicks who barely got through high school to make over $100,000 a year. Have a good life and see you on the other side
You're claiming you have survived 33 years of UPS yet you're so scared of catching a cold that you wish to police others actions?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You're claiming you have survived 33 years of UPS yet you're so scared of catching a cold that you wish to police others actions?

I guess I could understand the impulse, it's just too bad that the people who are dumb enough to think It's a good idea to force people to do things are also so dumb they're wrong about what action to take.

UPSBD

Supa Star
I guess I could understand the impulse, it's just too bad that the people who are dumb enough to think It's a good idea to force people to do things are also so dumb they're wrong about what action to take.
Common sense -maintain good health, stay home if you're actually sick, wash hands, don't let a preloader blow in your face.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Why? He still would have gotten it.
Very good chance the vaccine would have protected him. Even better chance of not being seriously ill or hospitalized. Almost 70% of COVID hospitalizations in my state are unvaccinated, Over 77% in intensive care for COVID are unvaccinated. Those are Republican controlled numbers. Real numbers are probably much worse.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Very good chance the vaccine would have protected him. Even better chance of not being seriously ill or hospitalized. Almost 70% of COVID hospitalizations in my state are unvaccinated, Over 77% in intensive care for COVID are unvaccinated. Those are Republican controlled numbers. Real numbers are probably much worse.

And you say "we're" the QAnon conspirators?

AKCoverMan

Wrong again, believe me if someone could tell me long range effects of vax with multiple doses does to you over time and if the vax seemed to have an effect on cases then perhaps I would have gotten it.

But we can’t. Before covid nobody had used this kind of vax before it’s brand new, in fact it’s nothing like the vaccines we had as kids for things like chicken pox and measles where you actually get a micro dose of the disease to make you own immune system ramp up and do it’s this. This one messes with your genes. The long term effects will be known... but only in long term. Until then we just don’t know. Maybe we find out in a few years that it leaves you wide open to other health issues. If I had underlying condition where covid could push me into grave I’d probably get it. But I don’t. I’m recovering.

The breakthrough cases continue to climb. The covid vax has thus far over promised and under delivered.