Rookie vs. Veteran

Dr.Brownz

The Diad training for Orion 3.0 said that the package car has to have a working cradle for the manifest updates to happen.

It doesn't. I think management must have to push it out to you or something because some days (usually really light days) mine updates constantly and other days I receive no updates even though I don't follow ORION at all.,

Cowboy Mac

It doesn't. I think management must have to push it out to you or something because some days (usually really light days) mine updates constantly and other days I receive no updates even though I don't follow ORION at all.,
Who knows, maybe it’s random. I wish we had the ability to rescramble it ourselves. Because I like Orion for my resis at the end of the day, but by that time it’s out of order because I scroll through and hit my businesses and pickups first.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Always cute when rookies get stuck on a split route and they think it is their's.

My former center left my building about a year ago and I ran into my old shop steward last week at the airport.

A cover driver that I briefly knew before the center split called the hall on my former steward because the steward "put his route up for bid without asking him". This driver in question has 11 months seniority and was sitting on a vacant route that the center manager finally got around to putting up for bid.

I laughed audibly when I heard that one.

ManInBrown

Mall helpers here are FT rpcd, jobs go up for bid every year on the same list as all the package routes. Same classification, same pay.
Not here. Our bids are for life in package, when the last mall helper left before I went to feeders a PTer got the gig. I remember around the time the helper left and that job did not go on the bulletin board for RPCD to bid on.

Off the leash

If only you saw the clowns we have running the show. During my 30 days part of my "training" consisted of skipping lunch and recording it anyway. The same supervisor instructed me to future missed businesses.
Anytime a supervisor rode with me they acted like they were gonna ignore lunch😂! I always carried my lunch so I would just pull over in a nice shady spot far from stores, drop anchor, eat, read the paper, and watch them bust.

Anthropomorphic Cow

Who knows, maybe it’s random. I wish we had the ability to rescramble it ourselves. Because I like Orion for my resis at the end of the day, but by that time it’s out of order because I scroll through and hit my businesses and pickups first.
Login soft key and relogging in makes it update stop order.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Anytime a supervisor rode with me they acted like they were gonna ignore lunch😂! I always carried my lunch so I would just pull over in a nice shady spot far from stores, drop anchor, eat, read the paper, and watch them bust.
"Don't you want to keep going and get done? I never took an hour lunch when I drove". Yeah and he drove for 30 days. Screw them. They can work late, too.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I had never loaded a car in my life when I was "promoted" to preload sup.. 86 through 92. Thanks goodness the loaders loved me, and helped me muddle through. I learned more from them than they learned from me, for sure.
a good manager or leader always says that.

The only on road supes I ever respected said we can learn from each other and I always liked that. Humility is a good character trait.

nWo

If a rookie gets a route done faster than me he's a runner. If he gets done slower than me then he's a lazy millennial. There is no in-between.

Over70irregs

We sent two new guys to our neighboring town to help. One took out a route with 144 stops, the other 156, neither had a cradle. The guy with 144 called in every 20 minutes to bitch, whine, ask for help, whatever. He did 33 stops in 5 hours, ended up with so much help he delivered 92 of his 144 and worked 10.5 hours.

The guy with 156 worked a 9.5 day, called in once, to ask where a good spot near him was for lunch. Driver A is on his 32nd job. Driver B decided this is an awful time to be a cop and changed careers. He's just happy to be here and knows how to be resourceful.
Actually it’s a great time to be a cop. I attended a panel on hiring officers. Things are slowly changing. Not an easy job for sure.