Rookie vs. Veteran

Lots of deep dark triad traits in here
tenor (2) (6).gif

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The cradles and DIADs would work much longer if people took better care of them. Once the pins are bent and corroded that’s a wrap. I NEVER have issues with mine until I’m back from vacation. The current crop of drivers are the biggest friend* ups I’ve ever seen. Returning from a vacation or days of results in destroyed cradles, DIADs, and fobs along with missing fuel cards, driver follow ups, and pissed off customers.
1- The DIADS are obsolete.
2- The cradles are junk that was ordered from the lowest bidder and never field tested under actual operational conditions.
3- We did not need cradles until UPS rammed ORION down our throats and turned on a functionally useless man nav feature that is inferior in every way to a good old fashioned printed map.

542thruNthru

Yes. The main driver, drives the 24 footer to the mall. Only his/her diad communicates with the center. Helper DIAD doesn’t even have an option to message the center. The main driver is in charge of unloading at the mall and giving the helper his/her work. Sometimes the helper is a driver that isn’t even qualified to drive the truck. The helper job pays less than RPCD. You’re not classified as a RPCD. Obviously when the helper is on vacation and a RPCD covers the job it’s full rate. Years ago the mall helper in our center had a disability. Didn’t even have a drivers license. Don’t want to get into details about what the disability was just so I don’t give away the center I worked at.
This just seems wrong to me. Is it a FT job? Is it bid? If you need a helper sounds like you need another route. We have plenty of malls that have two routes that do them.

Off the leash

This just seems wrong to me. Is it a FT job? Is it bid? If you need a helper sounds like you need another route. We have plenty of malls that have two routes that do them.
Does seem strange. Every mall I knew had 2 24 footers. If they were heavy they just add a spare for a couple bulk stops or maybe bail out the drivers. But a helper? New to me too.

Off the leash

We have a guy that comes and sorts his truck off the clock lol says it’s to make his days easier.
That’s what they all say. What about the poor slob that has to cover that route and looks like sht on paper! Report that ass 🤡 to the stewie first, if he won’t help then the BA. It’s always been a problem and if you don’t report it it will continue to be one! Idiots need to be handled!

Overpaid Union Thug

1- The DIADS are obsolete.
2- The cradles are junk that was ordered from the lowest bidder and never field tested under actual operational conditions.
3- We did not need cradles until UPS rammed ORION down our throats and turned on a functionally useless man nav feature that is inferior in every way to a good old fashioned printed map.
True. Never the less….. they would function much longer if drivers didn’t slam them in the cradles. In that regard “function” means DIAD charging and navigation (for better or worse). Both of which are usually good things for us.

ManInBrown

Yes it’s FT. I don’t remember the specifics of how it’s bid. But the person that gets the job is not a RPCD. It’s a different classification. I might be wrong but if memory serves me, I’m almost positive it’s a position that gets put up for PTers to bid on. I just don’t know for sure. It does not go up for bid like package routes do. It’s not a route, it’s a year round helper job. Local 177.

Off the leash

I don’t remember the specifics of how it’s bid. But the person that gets the job is not a RPCD. It’s a different classification. I might be wrong but if memory serves me, I’m almost positive it’s a position that gets put up for PTers to bid on. I just don’t know for sure. It does not go up for bid like package routes do. It’s not a route, it’s a year round helper job. Local 177.
Makes sense

ManInBrown

Does seem strange. Every mall I knew had 2 24 footers. If they were heavy they just add a spare for a couple bulk stops or maybe bail out the drivers. But a helper? New to me too.
Not here. One 24 footer. Main driver and helper. Before it was a 24 footer it was a bricked 12 cube, and a supervisor would drive out another 12 cube around lunch time with the rest and drive the empty back to the building.

freehoodies

That’s what they all say. What about the poor slob that has to cover that route and looks like sht on paper! Report that ass 🤡 to the stewie first, if he won’t help then the BA. It’s always been a problem and if you don’t report it it will continue to be one! Idiots need to be handled!
Looking like :censored2: on paper doesnt matter since union doesnt recognize production standards

iirc the real problem is those are hours they are stealing from preload, for free, to lower the amount of hours they are out.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes it’s FT. I don’t remember the specifics of how it’s bid. But the person that gets the job is not a RPCD. It’s a different classification. I might be wrong but if memory serves me, I’m almost positive it’s a position that gets put up for PTers to bid on. I just don’t know for sure. It does not go up for bid like package routes do. It’s not a route, it’s a year round helper job. Local 177.
Mall helpers here are FT rpcd, jobs go up for bid every year on the same list as all the package routes. Same classification, same pay.

Re-Raise

We sent two new guys to our neighboring town to help. One took out a route with 144 stops, the other 156, neither had a cradle. The guy with 144 called in every 20 minutes to bitch, whine, ask for help, whatever. He did 33 stops in 5 hours, ended up with so much help he delivered 92 of his 144 and worked 10.5 hours.

The guy with 156 worked a 9.5 day, called in once, to ask where a good spot near him was for lunch. Driver A is on his 32nd job. Driver B decided this is an awful time to be a cop and changed careers. He's just happy to be here and knows how to be resourceful.
But he can’t figure out where to eat on his own?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

We've had a few mall "helpers" since the late 90's.

They are permanent year round positions that were negotiated by a 1 term administration. The problem we ran in to

was, they were not paying them raises. We won in the end.... but it was a pain.