Rookie vs. Veteran

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had never loaded a car in my life when I was "promoted" to preload sup.. 86 through 92. Thanks goodness the loaders loved me, and helped me muddle through. I learned more from them than they learned from me, for sure.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had never loaded a car in my life when I was "promoted" to preload sup.. 86 through 92. Thanks goodness the loaders loved me, and helped me muddle through. I learned more from them than they learned from me, for sure.
When I started most preload sups used to work on the preload. That changed to where there had sups who had no idea how to do the job supposedly training people.

Off the leash

Rookies are spoiled to no end. When I started you had to put your dues to get fulltime. Most of us worked 7+Yrs to go fulltime. Now after less then a year people are driving and think they are the *. I had one kid I used to bump off any route he did just to see him have a melt down and tell me how it was not fair lol. Good ole days
Punks

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When I started most preload sups used to work on the preload. That changed to where there had sups who had no idea how to do the job supposedly training people.
Same as a driver trainer, used to know how to run a route. Funniest one ever, mine went to move the car, because he was afraid someone would hit it, and put it in R instead of 1st, on a manual. Then being nosy at a stop where guys were dividing up weed, walking over to use the trash can. LOL

ManInBrown

Rookies are spoiled to no end. When I started you had to put your dues to get fulltime. Most of us worked 7+Yrs to go fulltime. Now after less then a year people are driving and think they are the *. I had one kid I used to bump off any route he did just to see him have a melt down and tell me how it was not fair lol. Good ole days
I had a guy almost cry one morning because they tried to stick me on a country route with a 5 cube bricked. Guy below me was covering the mall helper. Yeah that’s not happening. Have fun out in the country till 9:30 kid. He threw a hissy fit when I walked over and handed him my DIAD and grabbed his. “Man why you gotta bump me, as his eyes were tearing up” almost any other day I would’ve happily taken that country route, except to be the mall helper.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I had a guy almost cry one morning because they tried to stick me on a country route with a 5 cube bricked. Guy below me was covering the mall helper. Yeah that’s not happening. Have fun out in the country till 9:30 kid. He threw a hissy fit when I walked over and handed him my DIAD and grabbed his. “Man why you gotta bump me, as his eyes were tearing up” almost any other day I would’ve happily taken that country route, except to be the mall helper.
Mall helper is the best job at ups

Off the leash

Why you gotta bump me? Lol because I can lol

ManInBrown

The best was when you were new and they’d park you on that one horrible route that was always open because the driver was on disability ten months out of the year. So you’re stuck on it for months because you have no juice. Then some new fresh blood comes in and you see an Avenue out. I was parked on this horrific route. An absolute nightmare. High step 8 cube, no power steering. Hood route. All white trash. Neighborhoods where the house numbers were bonkers. No rhyme or reason. 2 apple street, next house 39 apple street. 1/2 mile dead end residential streets with no where to turn around so i had to walk everything off because I was semi new and didn’t want to hit anything backing into someone’s driveway. Stray cats that looked at you like they wanted to stab you. So new guy finishes his 30 and I bump away. Next day guy comes in holding his stomach like a little two year old. Man I’m sick I can’t do that route. I don’t feel well. I punched out at 10pm. Please man, can you do it. I’m begging you. I got a great chuckle out of that one.

Off the leash

It wasn’t my favorite. It gets old after awhile, but I’d happily do it every once in a while if the opportunity came up. If that country route wasnt bricked, I probably wouldn’t even have bumped.
Without seniority we have anarchy. It sucks getting bumped off a route you like but it’s part of the job. It happened to me, I loved my route, good people, tips, nice mix of resi and commercial, pickups weren’t bad. I had 8 years on the job and got bumped. I wasn’t happy but I told the new driver everything I knew about the route to help him out, grin and bear it and move on. Why make a fuss and an enemy?

Off the leash

The best was when you were new and they’d park you on that one horrible route that was always open because the driver was on disability ten months out of the year. So you’re stuck on it for months because you have no juice. Then some new fresh blood comes in and you see an Avenue out. I was parked on this horrific route. An absolute nightmare. High step 8 cube, no power steering. Hood route. All white trash. Neighborhoods where the house numbers were bonkers. No rhyme or reason. 2 apple street, next house 39 apple street. So new guy finishes his 30 and I bump away. Next day guy comes in holding his stomach like a little two year old. Man I’m sick I can’t do that route. I don’t feel well. I punched out at 10pm. Please man, can you do it. I’m begging you. I got a great chuckle out of that one.
We called it the hell route!

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
When I bumped the kid I’m talking about he goes “man come on your route doesn’t even look bad” I told him “you’re right it’s not but yours looks better” lol he just gave me his diad and walked away

542thruNthru

Mall helper is the best job at ups
What is a mall helper? You guys have helpers year round on the malls routes?