Rough night with alcohol?

Integrity

Binge Poster
There is nobody worse to hang out with than a recovering alcoholic.
I have not found this to be the case. I hang around with many recovering alcoholics who are a joy to be around.

I have found some to be difficult but to no greater degree than some of my friends who drink.

One thing for certain is that I personally am not against drinking as an institution. It’s just not for me.

Est.1998

It is not.

I have posted 2 other threads that discuss AA more directly if interested.

You need to reread the original post more clearly to see the purpose of this discussion. It is pretty clear.
I did read the whole thing despite me not having an addiction. I tip my hat to you and anyone that dedicates their time and effort to helping those in need.
I clearly see that and that it's clear to see this could be a 3rd AA post.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have not found this to be the case. I hang around with many recovering alcoholics who are a joy to be around.

I have found some to be difficult but to no greater degree than some of my friends who drink.

One thing for certain is that I personally am not against drinking as an institution. It’s just not for me.
I was talking about a normal people hanging with a recovering allky. Usually not the best of times.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I did read the whole thing despite me not having an addiction. I tip my hat to you and anyone that dedicates their time and effort to helping those in need.
AA is not for everyone and AA doesn’t have a monopoly on helping people with possible drinking problems.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
This is an AA thread....
I wonder how posting AA stuff on BC helps anyone recovering from anything....

Integrity

Binge Poster
I was talking about a normal people hanging with a recovering allky. Usually not the best of times.
I understand your point.

A recovering alchy that thinks everybody who drinks or even drinks a little too much on occasion has got a problem with alcohol can be very difficult to be around.

I have seen this plenty.

I think this attitude is a poor one and can be very problematic to individuals who decide they may need help in the future.

Personally my hats off to those who can enjoy partying successfully without becoming a menace to their family, society and even themselves.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is an AA thread....
I wonder how posting AA stuff on BC helps anyone recovering from anything....
@Lineandinitial ,

It is not an AA thread.

You know it I know it but as usual you just seem to want to be contradictory.

Why don’t you just move on to discuss something more up to your standards?

Maybe start an interesting thread yourself?

I know if it was your thread it would look strange you contradicting or insulting yourself, but I really think you would find a way.

Peace.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
@Lineandinitial ,

It is not an AA thread.

You know it I know it but as usual you just seem to want to be contradictory.

Why don’t you just move on to discuss something more up to your standards?

Maybe start an interesting thread yourself?

I know if it was your thread it would look strange you contradicting or insulting yourself, but I really think you would find a way.

Peace.
Nah.....You've convinced me that my expertise is needed here.
Let me know when my valuable insight is necessary to call it as it is....

deeztier