Rough night with alcohol?

floridays

I see a lot of mocking @Integrity in this thread and it’s honestly not funny. Having witnessed two family members drink themselves to death, one before age fifty and one not long after I can tell you it’s not a pretty sight. There’s plenty of other BS threads around here, maybe let this one alone.
Sorry for your loss Mick.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You people that struggle with alcohol, does it creep up on you, or, boom-problems right from the start? I ask because when I drink, it's always been something I can take or leave. I always thought there was a genetic component to problems with alcohol?

floridays

You people that struggle with alcohol, does it creep up on you, or, boom-problems right from the start? I ask because when I drink, it's always been something I can take or leave. I always thought there was a genetic component to problems with alcohol?
What's this "You People" :poop: , bigot. :rolleyes::thumbup1:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Personally the warning signs were present during my first drinking experience.

Obviously I ignored the warning signs and my illness progressed.

Not completely convinced that it is genetics and not completely convinced that is not, but it does appear that in many cases like my own the propensity for developing this illness is something that you are born with.

Integrity

Binge Poster
My bad.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I see a lot of mocking @Integrity in this thread and it’s honestly not funny. Having witnessed two family members drink themselves to death, one before age fifty and one not long after I can tell you it’s not a pretty sight. There’s plenty of other BS threads around here, maybe let this one alone.
Drugs are a killer for many addicts!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Always willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with anyone who might want to stop drinking.

If you think you may have a problem with alcohol or you have tried to stop or control your drinking in the past and have been unsuccessful and you might want to talk about possibly getting help I am willing to listen.

If you may feel this way or ever do please don’t respond to this post but send me a private conversation and I would be glad to help in any way if can, even if it just means listening to your struggles.

Many principles in AA have worked for me but I don’t believe AA has monopoly on helping with alcohol problems so I will not try to push AA on to you if you reach out.

Peace.
Alcohol is a drug so the same principles work for all drugs.

floridays

Hey Jingles @Old Man Jingles
I saluted you when I responded to operationals post of this
first I heard of the guy was when you posted some of his work a short, long time back. good stuff.... thanks:salute: I remember you:thumbup1:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So what life changes did you have to make to keep your way from alcohol?
Changed my friends and places I went to.
My best friend of over 30 years is a heavy beer drinker.
Conducted a sincere self assessment and stayed away from negative personalities.
Recognized a higher power that takes care of those thongs I cannot control or do not affect me.

It’s a work in progress.
Hey Jingles @Old Man Jingles
I saluted you when I responded to operationals post of this
first I heard of the guy was when you posted some of his work a short, long time back. good stuff.... thanks:salute: I remember you:thumbup1:
JJ Gray & the Mojos is one of favorite regional bands.
He has a great Blues voice and mojo!