Route Consultant on YouTube Express details

bacha29

I think it's hillarious that he said it might add a hr before they leave their building waiting on Express packages... In our area, Ground is on the rd at 7AM or earlier, our last flight lands at almost 7, or at the very least the CTV doesn't leave the ramp til 7. Then he goes on to say you'll put a couple express packages in each route. Unless they are going to do full implementation like UPS it will require almost double the routes ground currently runs. or route drivers that don't mind working 12+hr days for the same flat rate they are currently getting. As it stands now, all of our routes are bust til 1200 running only PO.
Again yes it works on paper, but the biggest failure will be aGround contractors tight margins, I doubt joedriver is going to work for $150/day now that he has 40P1 he has to run before 1200, and before his ground stuff. Because I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the video(I'm not watching it) Contractors will be held accountable(financially) for late service. So the route owners aren't going to tolerate lates.
EDIT So much for one truck one neighborhood... he's talking about sending out two waves... of course with the same overlap now..
Spot on. It's will be just like you say it will be except for the fact that contractors in the rural areas will be getting it all. FO, PO, they're going to get all of it because Fat Freddy loses money big time out in rural America. He's done sending his own guys out there to run all over creation with just a tote box of letters and cartons.

Ground drivers at the terminal I was at told me that they're not waiting around for the air freight to arrive. They will not put up with having 3 or more additional hours added to their day for no additional pay. therefore contractors will be faced with two money losing choices. They can either hold their drivers back until the air freight arrives and add more routes to compensate for their reduced operating range or dedicated air only routes going out later in the morning running back over the same exact area with a handful of air box stops.

I almost fell off the chair laughing when I heard Spencer Patton's clueless wonder describing the only solution he had to offer and that was to send guys out in their cars to run air box as a desperate contract saving measure. So he seems to think that all you have to do is to crab some package handler by the collar on his way out the door dump some air cartons in his arms then flip him a Hamilton for the gas and a cold Egg McMuffin and it's problem solved....Yeah, sure pal.