Route Consultant on YouTube Express details

bacha29

Nah mate you’re mistaken. I just know how this place works. They love saying :censored2: here and not following through with it. The fact that this board still gives the company this much credit to be able to pull off something as stupid as they announced boggles my mind.
Given your 14 trips to the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy we'll have to take your information and set it aside for the time being. We're not saying that what you're saying is not factual and reliable but it will have to be corroborated with any other reliable intelligence that might surface.

NC man

Smith released a video today basically calling out the misinformation on the internet and that they have 0 intention of turning express into a contractor model and no plans whatsoever to let go of employee couriers.. Can’t wait to hear all the excuses now from all you ground folk lol. Le me guess Rick smith don’t know what he’s talking about?
Of course he did. How many times have they lied to employees faces over the years? Would not put much belief in what anyone at the top says.
if they move pkgs to Ground they will not need all the Express couriers currently employed and it has to be part of the cost savings plan. They don’t want people jumping ship this soon.

lilwizbiz

Of course he did. How many times have they lied to employees faces over the years? Would not put much belief in what anyone at the top says.
if they move pkgs to Ground they will not need all the Express couriers currently employed and it has to be part of the cost savings plan. They don’t want people jumping ship this soon.
True. Browncafe knows more than him

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Smith released a video today basically calling out the misinformation on the internet and that they have 0 intention of turning express into a contractor model and no plans whatsoever to let go of employee couriers.. Can’t wait to hear all the excuses now from all you ground folk lol. Le me guess Rick smith don’t know what he’s talking about?
Maybe Legal and Fred's friends in Congress let him know that The Almighty and All Powerful RLA was in jeopardy. Or, maybe they are straight out lying to you, which has never, ever happened at FedEx.

yadig

Nah mate you’re mistaken. I just know how this place works. They love saying :censored2: here and not following through with it. The fact that this board still gives the company this much credit to be able to pull off something as stupid as they announced boggles my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_2380.png
    IMG_2380.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 31

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
haha all this sub has these buzzwords and catchy gifs it seems like.
Not true, we have some people who come in with ridiculously ignorant and uninformed takes, then they turn around and ask questions that anyone who knew anything about the company would already know.

SmithBarney

Ground will be taking our PO1 when we combine, not FO though.
I think it's hillarious that he said it might add a hr before they leave their building waiting on Express packages... In our area, Ground is on the rd at 7AM or earlier, our last flight lands at almost 7, or at the very least the CTV doesn't leave the ramp til 7. Then he goes on to say you'll put a couple express packages in each route. Unless they are going to do full implementation like UPS it will require almost double the routes ground currently runs. or route drivers that don't mind working 12+hr days for the same flat rate they are currently getting. As it stands now, all of our routes are bust til 1200 running only PO.
Again yes it works on paper, but the biggest failure will be aGround contractors tight margins, I doubt joedriver is going to work for $150/day now that he has 40P1 he has to run before 1200, and before his ground stuff. Because I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the video(I'm not watching it) Contractors will be held accountable(financially) for late service. So the route owners aren't going to tolerate lates.
EDIT So much for one truck one neighborhood... he's talking about sending out two waves... of course with the same overlap now..

Gone fishin

I think it's hillarious that he said it might add a hr before they leave their building waiting on Express packages... In our area, Ground is on the rd at 7AM or earlier, our last flight lands at almost 7, or at the very least the CTV doesn't leave the ramp til 7. Then he goes on to say you'll put a couple express packages in each route. Unless they are going to do full implementation like UPS it will require almost double the routes ground currently runs. or route drivers that don't mind working 12+hr days for the same flat rate they are currently getting. As it stands now, all of our routes are bust til 1200 running only PO.
Again yes it works on paper, but the biggest failure will be aGround contractors tight margins, I doubt joedriver is going to work for $150/day now that he has 40P1 he has to run before 1200, and before his ground stuff. Because I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the video(I'm not watching it) Contractors will be held accountable(financially) for late service. So the route owners aren't going to tolerate lates.
EDIT So much for one truck one neighborhood... he's talking about sending out two waves... of course with the same overlap now..
But , but , but , you just put 3 p1 on each ground route and all is good. Lol

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Didn't you read what @59 Dano posted?

All priority packages are going to stops that Ground already does, so, no sweat.

It will be fine

I don’t believe there is anywhere that Ground is dispatching at 7 am. That’s ridiculous.