Route Consultant on YouTube Express details

zeev

It’s all over for Express employees, Fo and PO going to Ground. I pity the Ground contractors it’s all on them.

Fat Freddy expects miracles as long as it doesn’t involve him. Same with Raj. This is gonna turn out to be the Hindenburg of the industry.
Literally none of the ground or express guys around my area have a clue what any of this means. Ground guys think their daily pay will go up because they might have to work 8 hours now and express guys think they're in no way expendable.

I just can't imagine a worse time to roll this out than when we are on the brink of a strike and fdx potentially taking a huge influx of parcels.

bacha29

Here’s the video
All they needed to do was to step up to the camera and simply say...."If you're a contractor....get out now!"
What they were plainly saying is that the cost of the additional assets you'll have to deploy in order to run Fat Freddy's air box will exceed by a wide margin what you're going to get in the way of rate premiums if you get any to begin with.

In other words you're only as good as you are close to the airport and your highest mileage route is 30 miles a day. The farther away from the airport you are and the higher the average daily route miles the worse it's going to get for you.

Artee

Who’s this guy?
Someone who is trying to make some money off contractors. Not sure where he is getting that ground is delivering FO and PO1. not happening at this time. Maybe in the future. Even in the locations that have combined the FO and PO1 is still being bled off to the Express drivers.

lilwizbiz

Someone who is trying to make some money off contractors. Not sure where he is getting that ground is delivering FO and PO1. not happening at this time. Maybe in the future. Even in the locations that have combined the FO and PO1 is still being bled off to the Express drivers.
Man said he’s not affiliated with FedEx at all… what was the point of this video lol? All the rats come out of the woodworks I guess

Artee

Man said he’s not affiliated with FedEx at all… what was the point of this video lol? All the rats come out of the woodworks I guess
Isn't he and the other guy in the video working for Route Consultant, which was started by Spencer Patton, who was a large contractor with Ground and who was ultimately run out of ground for making too many waves? I assume they are in the business of brokering sales of FedEx Ground routes and providing consult on how to run a ground venture all for a fee.

Mutineer

They're mealy-mouthed, know nothing parasites.

These "consultants" are desk-jockeys who have never gotten dirty in the practical, first-hand, dirty work of contracting with FedEx.

They don't understand that numbers, graphs, and computer screens are simply not reality. And their predictions are in the same realm as the services offered by tarot card readers.

Fat Freddy cheerfully put Spencer Patton's head on a stick, and thoroughly demonstrated to anybody with any sense that the advice of these consultants is best ignored.

Except to serve as an example of what NOT do do.

It will be fine

The point is to reassure potential investors that the equity in routes will increase with the addition of Express volume. Route Consultant takes a sales commission on the routes they broker so they want those values to stay high.

It will be fine

They're mealy-mouthed, know nothing parasites.

These "consultants" are desk-jockeys who have never gotten dirty in the practical, first-hand, dirty work of contracting with FedEx.

They don't understand that numbers, graphs, and computer screens are simply not reality. And their predictions are in the same realm as the services offered by tarot card readers.

Fat Freddy cheerfully put Spencer Patton's head on a stick, and thoroughly demonstrated to anybody with any sense that the advice of these consultants is best ignored.

Except to serve as an example of what NOT do do.
Not entirely true. Spencer spent his first year as a contractor in a truck. This current crop of talking heads I’m not as sure about.

Mutineer

The point is to reassure potential investors that the equity in routes will increase with the addition of Express volume. Route Consultant takes a sales commission on the routes they broker so they want those values to stay high.

Yes. They're purposely revising the truth, and making very optimistic predictions in order to screw people over.

It is my estimation that Whores, Navy Recruiters, and Route Consultants all have an equal trustworthiness value.