Route Drivers never DR'ing to keep stop count down

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I'm a cover driver and constantly see routes with envelopes and small parcels with service crosses that can very safely be released. Pisses me off cause when I get put on a split route it's always blowed out cause of antics said above. Is this a normal practice for veterans? I just feel like you should do the job and stop gaming the system. Rant over, let the backlash begin.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm a cover driver and constantly see routes with envelopes and small parcels with service crosses that can very safely be released. Pisses me off cause when I get put on a split route it's always blowed out cause of antics said above. Is this a normal practice for veterans? I just feel like you should do the job and stop gaming the system. Rant over, let the backlash begin.

Let me guess----this happens on Fridays mostly?

CHALLY9TX

Maybe you as a cover driver think it can be released but the normal driver knows better than to DR it. I'm not saying drivers don't try and game the system but the normal drivers know when to get signatures to avoid DFUs

Fragile

If I bring back a ton of send of again's they might take a split off me because I'm heavy but it won't keep stop count down. If bring back minimal send again's I pretty much have the same stop count with the entire route.

Unless the route driver is a slug, cover drivers have a hard time keeping up and they do it by releasing, meanwhile a route driver will get signatures and avoid tracers just as efficiently just because he/she already has familiarity with the route that you can only develop after being there everyday.

Indecisi0n

Some customers are POS and call in missing packages when you know they got them. I required a signature from them before it's even put in the board. When I was a cover if the route driver required a signature than I followed suit.

Maybe it's justified. Maybe the driver has been burned one to many times. If you are running a split car because send agains are high you should be thankful. If everyone killed their routes there would be a lot less routes and then you'd be on here bitching about that. Think about it.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
One day when you finally get a route every other bid driver passed on because the area is infested with thieves, come back here and revist your post.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a driver that had been burned on having to pay for a package. He doesn't DR anything anymore. I don't blame him.

He wouldn't even DR to me and we lived 3 houses down from each other. Lol

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Yup, well known practice. Get signatures at every resi stop and bump up miles by any means possible. Lowers your stop count in the long run.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If UPS will put it in writing that I wont be held financially liable for DR claims where I used my "best judgement" then I will be perfectly willing to DR more stops. Until then, they can go pound sand.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If UPS will put it in writing that I wont be held financially liable for DR claims where I used my "best judgement" then I will be perfectly willing to DR more stops. Until then, they can go pound sand.

LMAO! You said, "put it in writing."

You know as well as I do, that will never happen.;)

I've had several sups tell me to dr entire apartment complexes. I told each of them to put it in writing. None of them would do it, so neither did I.