RPCD’s were forced from the bottom up to work on NYE but we only delivered air, will we still get double time?

I’m a RCPD in the southern region.

Our center forced RPCD’s from the bottom up to work on NYE. The other two centers in our building forced 22.4’s from the bottom up, but that’s another story. Now we only delivered 1DA and 2DA, but as RCPD’s are we entitled to double pay for being forced to work on a holiday?

That’s what I thought, but I have a feeling our center is going to try to pay us straight time. My time card on UPSers says straight time, not DT when I click on the details for yesterday.
They forced RPCD’s before part time/full time air drivers, AND 22.4’s, so they already violated the contract once. In article 40 section 1 part j2, it says all RPCD’s shall be paid at the supplemental holiday rate for all time worked on holidays, so it should be an easy grievance to win

BlackCat

That’s what I thought, but I have a feeling our center is going to try to pay us straight time. My time card on UPSers says straight time, not DT when I click on the details for yesterday.
It wont say "double time" You will be paid holiday pay for 8 hrs and any hours you work you will essentially be getting "double pay"

It wont say "double time" You will be paid holiday pay for 8 hrs and any hours you work you will essentially be getting "double pay"
No, any other holiday we worked we get double time PLUS holiday pay, essentially triple pay. The stipulation here is i think they’re trying to classify us as air drivers and only pay us straight time plus holiday pay

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
They forced RPCD’s before part time/full time air drivers, AND 22.4’s, so they already violated the contract once. In article 40 section 1 part j2, it says all RPCD’s shall be paid at the supplemental holiday rate for all time worked on holidays, so it should be an easy grievance to win
If they pay you straight time, file on it. The southern suplement clearly states double time on NYE. Some people call it triple pay because of 8 hrs holiday pay but it's double for time worked plus holiday pay.

charm299

I’m a RCPD in the southern region.

Our center forced RPCD’s from the bottom up to work on NYE. The other two centers in our building forced 22.4’s from the bottom up, but that’s another story. Now we only delivered 1DA and 2DA, but as RCPD’s are we entitled to double pay for being forced to work on a holiday?
U should feel lucky, I’m a tcd that only got air rate. I’m at top rate for air but some younger tcds only made 15 dollars an hour yesterday

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I worked on this Working Holiday, demanded my 8. Got paid for the holiday, but they paid the days work at straight time. I've already alerted Steward, he'll be on the case for my DT come Monday morning. If you only intended to service air, then don't utilize FT Ground drivers. Pay me my proper bread cheap skates.

charm299

I worked on this Working Holiday, demanded my 8. Got paid for the holiday, but they paid the days work at straight time. I've already alerted Steward, he'll be on the case for my DT come Monday morning. If you only intended to service air, then don't utilize FT Ground drivers. Pay me my proper bread cheap skates.
This is not ups fault, this is on the union for allowing this crap

542thruNthru

Screenshot_20210101-165538_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

giphy-4.gif