RPCD forced Tues-Sat

Integrity

Binge Poster
Currently we have around 115 total drivers in our building.
We have 11 22.4 drivers, but run 22 routes every Saturday with 29 people scheduled T-S.
The 18 of us that were hired RPCD a year before our center even thought of running Saturday ground filed a grievance in October for the breach of contract of them forcing us working Saturdays.

According to the contract, we COULD be forced to work that schedule until October (which is 18 months after contract ratification) but are still forced to this day.

Our grievance went deadlocked at the local and regional level, and the day of the state hearing the company postponed (1 month ago).

Right now the union said the company is still in negotiations, but there IS NOTHING TO NEGOTIATE.

----

Yes, the company can force people to work IF AND ONLY IF the company has 25% of the driver force as 22.4s, but in this case we only have ~9%.

What do you guys suggest we do? It seems as if our union isn't doing anything and just letting the company take advantage of this even though it should have been prevented.
You said

“Our grievance went deadlocked at the local and regional level, and the day of the state hearing the company postponed (1 month ago).”

How can you accuse the Union of doing nothing?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Currently we have around 115 total drivers in our building.
We have 11 22.4 drivers, but run 22 routes every Saturday with 29 people scheduled T-S.
The 18 of us that were hired RPCD a year before our center even thought of running Saturday ground filed a grievance in October for the breach of contract of them forcing us working Saturdays.

According to the contract, we COULD be forced to work that schedule until October (which is 18 months after contract ratification) but are still forced to this day.

Our grievance went deadlocked at the local and regional level, and the day of the state hearing the company postponed (1 month ago)

FOLLOW ORION 100%
23:59 ETA
FULL HOUR LUNCH
= NO MORE SATURDAYS

You said

“Our grievance went deadlocked at the local and regional level, and the day of the state hearing the company postponed (1 month ago).”

He’s an off the street driver who doesn’t understand how things work. Also trying to get people to stop paying union dues because hes mad. Not a smart way to go about this.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
You said

The Union forced us to take on 22.4s and didn't give them any protections. I have 0 faith in current leadership and can't wait until we have a new Teamster President.
I honestly feel like our national heads have turned their back on us, and I thank God my local President is the best in the country.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I’ll throw my 2 cents in here, as a guy who was hired as a Tuesday-Sat FT RPCD in 2017.
They don’t care if we are M-friend or T-S
The entire game is “how can we get away with forcing 6th punches?”
When I won the bid for my first route in October, they tried to keep me at T-S, cut my route on Mondays and I’m basically a cover again on Saturdays.
Union didn’t like that. Now I’m M-friend and getting forced in every Saturday...even though there are 25 or so less seniority drivers than me and they only put out 15ish Saturday routes.
They don’t care. What they want is forced 6th punches

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I’ll throw my 2 cents in here, as a guy who was hired as a Tuesday-Sat FT RPCD in 2017.
They don’t care if we are M-friend or T-S
The entire game is “how can we get away with forcing 6th punches?”
When I won the bid for my first route in October, they tried to keep me at T-S, cut my route on Mondays and I’m basically a cover again on Saturdays.
Union didn’t like that. Now I’m M-friend and getting forced in every Saturday...even though there are 25 or so less seniority drivers than me and they only put out 15ish Saturday routes.
They don’t care. What they want is forced 6th punches
The problem with all of this is that the 25 percent 22.4 language doesn’t equal the amount of volume the company wants to deliver on Saturdays and eventually Sunday. The company will not stop doing weekend work, we as a union cannot complain about not working weekends and the way to get that weekend work done. There has to be a better way.

The problem with all of this is that the 25 percent 22.4 language doesn’t equal the amount of volume the company wants to deliver on Saturdays and eventually Sunday. The company will not stop doing weekend work, we as a union cannot complain about not working weekends and the way to get that weekend work done. There has to be a better way.
Hire more drivers and get rid of some of the dead weight management
Do more work with actual workers and less with management

The 2022 master needs hard 6th punch and work week language. No more grey bs. You got the 22.4’s. And honestly, they are going to kill those guys. There’s nothing we can do about that, it’s done. They are going to drag as much ass as possible when it comes to making a 22.4 an RPCD.
Our job now is to protect the remaining RPCD’s we DO have.
NO forced 6th punches for any RPCD outside of PEAK
NO switching an RPCD’s 5 consecutive day workweek without ample preparation time (none of this walk in on Monday and now I’m a Tuesday-Sat starting THIS week, so you wanna go home?). And not without ample cause, failure on the massive, powerful companies end to hire enough drivers does not constitute ample cause to disrupt the employees life.

The 2022 master needs hard 6th punch and work week language. No more grey bs. You got the 22.4’s. And honestly, they are going to kill those guys. There’s nothing we can do about that, it’s done. They are going to drag as much ass as possible when it comes to making a 22.4 an RPCD.
Our job now is to protect the remaining RPCD’s we DO have.
NO forced 6th punches for any RPCD outside of PEAK
NO switching an RPCD’s 5 consecutive day workweek without ample preparation time (none of this walk in on Monday and now I’m a Tuesday-Sat starting THIS week, so you wanna go home?). And not without ample cause, failure on the massive, powerful companies end to hire enough drivers does not constitute ample cause to disrupt the employees life.
Forcing a six-punch and pay the employees triple time would put an end to that practice

I didn’t work one 6th punch last peak...cmon guys just say no!
🧔✊
It’s true that no one has gotten disciplined for missing 6th punch...all of us who were hired as Tues-Sat RPCD’s are on the bubble every single week, half of us show up, half of us don’t, it sucks. We all talk about how we don’t want to screw each other over, but we all agree that none of us signed up for a 6 day a week job year round. We take it when we want it and roll the dice when we’re exhausted. No we don’t get disciplined but every time we call in we add an occurrence, and UPS keeps track, 6th punch or not, and WILL use it against us, EVENTUALLY

It’s true that no one has gotten disciplined for missing 6th punch...all of us who were hired as Tues-Sat RPCD’s are on the bubble every single week, half of us show up, half of us don’t, it sucks. We all talk about how we don’t want to screw each other over, but we all agree that none of us signed up for a 6 day a week job year round. We take it when we want it and roll the dice when we’re exhausted. No we don’t get disciplined but every time we call in we add an occurrence, and UPS keeps track, 6th punch or not, and WILL use it against us, EVENTUALLY
Best contract ever

You have a good group of union brothers it sounds like , we all hate each-other here and try to screw each-other on purpose
🧔✊
Mech, the brotherhood is strong here. There’s 7 of us who all worked preload together and passed packet within a few months of each other when they went to Sat operation. We stand together man, it’s pretty awesome I must say. The hard part is keeping it going. We’re all exhausted, shoot I don’t have any kids and my girlfriend lives 20 minutes away and I’m STILL exhausted all the time. What about my buddy with 4 kids and a star baseball player, getting scouted by Oregon and USC, and he can’t get to any one of his Saturday tourneys, unless he calls out?