RTD Pay Progression

McFeely

Huge Member
Don't live in Florida and until I went part time a month or so ago, I was classified as an RTD and probably have been before you could spell Fedex. RTD pay here is 29.31. There are plenty of city drivers pulling trailers that do not make that.

Last time I checked, 29.31 isn’t in the 30-35 range, genius.

abused.crr

You do realize you might pay a substantial penalty when you start drawing Social Security? Anytime you accept employment at a job that doesn't withhold SS, you basically cut the SS benefits you earned under previous jobs by a good amount. If you were inline to draw $1400 based on your previous jobs, you can expect that amount to drop to under $1000 under many circumstances. This is all dependent on the amount of years you paid SS and the amount of years you didn't pay. Would suck losing $400 or more in monthly SS payments. Hope that conventional pension is gonna pay you 70% of your working income because you admitted you no longer contribute to a retirement account and you will lose a good portion of your SS benefits. Bummer

What you’re referring to is called the windfall rule. And before any explanation I trust my money under my mattress more than the insecurity of social security, but whatever. At 30 years of qualified credits your ss benefits aren’t cut at all and down from there is a formula. I have 25 years of qualifying credits and I’m 43 years old. So I’m golden. Fedex traditional, state retirement, and almost full soc security

But we’ll see, anything can happen.

abused.crr

I wasn’t trying to get anything started in here. All I’m saying is if you used Fedex’s tuition reimbursement for 6 years and graduated from college and left the company to be an engineer or RN or whatever, we’d all say great job for working hard and bettering yourself. Sooooo what’s the difference if I bettered myself with a cdl. Company paid. I worked for Fedex for 22 and a half years, leaving was tough. I really wanted to be loyal but you know what, Fedex gave up their loyalty years ago.

Future

Victory Ride
I wasn’t trying to get anything started in here. All I’m saying is if you used Fedex’s tuition reimbursement for 6 years and graduated from college and left the company to be an engineer or RN or whatever, we’d all say great job for working hard and bettering yourself. Sooooo what’s the difference if I bettered myself with a cdl. Company paid. I worked for Fedex for 22 and a half years, leaving was tough. I really wanted to be loyal but you know what, Fedex gave up their loyalty years ago.
9D47F28C-767B-4ADD-8974-506323FE3FC1.gif

Oldfart

What you’re referring to is called the windfall rule. And before any explanation I trust my money under my mattress more than the insecurity of social security, but whatever. At 30 years of qualified credits your ss benefits aren’t cut at all and down from there is a formula. I have 25 years of qualifying credits and I’m 43 years old. So I’m golden. Fedex traditional, state retirement, and almost full soc security

But we’ll see, anything can happen.
But Tupac said there is no such thing as the windfall rule. He knows everything. He knows how much money you make, how long before you top out on your state job, how much you pay for insurance and how much pension you have. He is a genius.

You are correct with your facts. There is a formula for less than 30 years. I have several family members that were municipal employees and they did get a portion of their SS from earlier jobs. They had their SS benefits cut by a pretty sizeable amount because they didn't have close to the 30 years. Depending on how long they live, they might recover everything they paid in as a result.

Oldfart

Wouldn't you have a Traditional and some Portable pension? Depends on when you left.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You didn’t start anything on here that Oldfart wouldn’t have had a problem with no matter what it was. He thinks anyone who doesn’t look at FedEx as the best thing since sliced bread must be ungrateful and miserable. In his a mind, an abused child should never complain because at least their parents are still feeding them and housing them, so the child must be the problem.

You gave FedEx probably the best working years of your life. I’m happy for you that you moved on and made a better life as a result of the training provided to you by FedEx.

Oldfart

It is amusing those that complain about the working conditions at fedex continue to wake up and go to work each day. Why not find another job if you dislike the one you have.

fedex_rtd

Don't live in Florida and until I went part time a month or so ago, I was classified as an RTD and probably have been before you could spell Fedex. RTD pay here is 29.31. There are plenty of city drivers pulling trailers that do not make that.
Don't or did not??? What are you a Walmart shopper that lives in a trailer? You are NOT an RTD, you are a "has been" or a pretender, you are nothing but a pretentious fraud. Just because RTD pay is $29.31 does not correlate to YOU making that kind of money because as by your own words, you are not an RTD only a clown on the net claiming to have been one in the past.

Oldfart

Don't or did not??? What are you a Walmart shopper that lives in a trailer? You are NOT an RTD, you are a "has been" or a pretender, you are nothing but a pretentious fraud. Just because RTD pay is $29.31 does not correlate to YOU making that kind of money because as by your own words, you are not an RTD only a clown on the net claiming to have been one in the past.
Whatever you say boss. If that makes you happy. Not sure when I said I wasnt an RTD. I was till I went part time a few weeks back.

Nolimitz

Wrong
They had their SS benefits cut by a pretty sizeable amount because they didn't have close to the 30 years.

SS payments are based on highest 30 quarters of life time income not 30 years in any one or multiple jobs.

Oldfart

Wrong

SS payments are based on highest 30 quarters of life time income not 30 years in any one or multiple jobs.
Wrong.

Windfall rule.
You take a job that does not withold SS from your check such as a municipal job, your SS payments that you earned from previous jobs can be reduced as a result. Tupac and you dont know the facts but the fella that now works for the state DOT and myself were aware of the rules. If you paid SS for 30 years there is no penalty. If you didnt pay SS for 30 years, there is a penalty. Try to keep up.

vantexan

Wrong

SS payments are based on your best 35 years of work. If you didn't work a full 35 then zeros are plugged in. Example 32 years on income, 3 years with zero income. 45 years of income, they figure your SS payment on the best 35.

Oldfart

SS payments are based on your best 35 years of work. If you didn't work a full 35 then zeros are plugged in. Example 32 years on income, 3 years with zero income. 45 years of income, they figure your SS payment on the best 35.
Another person that doesn't know the facts and jumps right in. Read post 144 and you will see what I am talking about.

MAKAVELI

Wrong.

Windfall rule.
You take a job that does not withold SS from your check such as a municipal job, your SS payments that you earned from previous jobs can be reduced as a result. Tupac and you dont know the facts but the fella that now works for the state DOT and myself were aware of the rules. If you paid SS for 30 years there is no penalty. If you didnt pay SS for 30 years, there is a penalty. Try to keep up.
It's not a penalty, gomer. It's an adjustment for those who have pensions in which the employer does not contribute to SS. You have no clue what these government pensions pay. They more than make up for the difference. For example. Police and fire out here in Cali can retire with 90% of their highest salary with full medical benefits. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, gomer.

vantexan

It's not a penalty, gomer. It's an adjustment for those who have pensions in which the employer does not contribute to SS. You have no clue what these government pensions pay. They more than make up for the difference. For example. Police and fire out here in Cali can retire with 90% of their highest salary with full medical benefits. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, gomer.
Isn't Cali struggling with their pension obligations?