RTD Pay Progression

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes, I'm a hard head and impolite to some. Such is life of a anti-social, speak truth to power, fowl mouthed protester when you do it from the wrong side.
I await the attack from the other side for my lack of intelligence. Tastes like chicken.
Lol. I guess you must’ve been reported.

abused.crr

So what do you do now for the DOT? How is the pay at your new job? That had to be a hard decision on leaving FedEx after 22 years and start all over. You lose out on vacation, seniority, etc.

I’m not going to lie, I took a GREAT pay cut! I was a topped out Rtd at 29.88 when I left. And I started at about 20.00. But no social security tax and a conventional type retirement so not as much need to fund a 401 or Ira, which I felt as if I needed to do 15% at Fedex.

Time off is amazing. I get 10 sick days a year and yes I can roll em over. Vacation is 3.1 hours per pay or about 2 weeks a year. And yes we can roll em over. My next vacation raise is at 4 years and it goes to the equivalent of 4 weeks. Personal time is 8 hours per quarter so 32 hours a year and we can hold up to 40 hours. And the best is comp time. We can take our over time in time off so every 1 hour of over time equals 1.5 hours of comp time. We can hold up to 240 comp hours. And to take time off is an hour notice per hour. So to take 8 hours off is an 8 hour notice or 40 hours notice for 40 hours off. So I plow snow for overtime and take 6 weeks off in the summer and fall.

Oldfart

I’m not going to lie, I took a GREAT pay cut! I was a topped out Rtd at 29.88 when I left. And I started at about 20.00. But no social security tax and a conventional type retirement so not as much need to fund a 401 or Ira, which I felt as if I needed to do 15% at Fedex.

Time off is amazing. I get 10 sick days a year and yes I can roll em over. Vacation is 3.1 hours per pay or about 2 weeks a year. And yes we can roll em over. My next vacation raise is at 4 years and it goes to the equivalent of 4 weeks. Personal time is 8 hours per quarter so 32 hours a year and we can hold up to 40 hours. And the best is comp time. We can take our over time in time off so every 1 hour of over time equals 1.5 hours of comp time. We can hold up to 240 comp hours. And to take time off is an hour notice per hour. So to take 8 hours off is an 8 hour notice or 40 hours notice for 40 hours off. So I plow snow for overtime and take 6 weeks off in the summer and fall.
You do realize you might pay a substantial penalty when you start drawing Social Security? Anytime you accept employment at a job that doesn't withhold SS, you basically cut the SS benefits you earned under previous jobs by a good amount. If you were inline to draw $1400 based on your previous jobs, you can expect that amount to drop to under $1000 under many circumstances. This is all dependent on the amount of years you paid SS and the amount of years you didn't pay. Would suck losing $400 or more in monthly SS payments. Hope that conventional pension is gonna pay you 70% of your working income because you admitted you no longer contribute to a retirement account and you will lose a good portion of your SS benefits. Bummer

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

You do realize you might pay a substantial penalty when you start drawing Social Security? Anytime you accept employment at a job that doesn't withhold SS, you basically cut the SS benefits you earned under previous jobs by a good amount. If you were inline to draw $1400 based on your previous jobs, you can expect that amount to drop to under $1000 under many circumstances. This is all dependent on the amount of years you paid SS and the amount of years you didn't pay. Would suck losing $400 or more in monthly SS payments. Hope that conventional pension is gonna pay you 70% of your working income because you admitted you no longer contribute to a retirement account and you will lose a good portion of your SS benefits. Bummer
The pension he will be receiving will more than make up for the difference.