Safety

BrownStains

All this company does is preach about safety. Dont do this or dont do that, dont try to be a hero its not worth it, safety is #1 .Then you have the safety commitee, these people sit around all day talking about safety. Now when crap hits the fan where are all these people with the safety bs now? Now you have governments around the world telling us not to go anywhere unless you absolutely need too because its unsafe. Yet, here is ups telling us to go deliver, safety doesnt matter. These people tell you youre essential, while you drive around all day delivering non essential crap?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
EAEBB2AC-D07A-4F10-BFB7-940D2E4E5243.jpeg

All this company does is preach about safety. Dont do this or dont do that, dont try to be a hero its not worth it, safety is #1 .Then you have the safety commitee, these people sit around all day talking about safety. Now when crap hits the fan where are all these people with the safety bs now? Now you have governments around the world telling us not to go anywhere unless you absolutely need too because its unsafe. Yet, here is ups telling us to go deliver, safety doesnt matter. These people tell you youre essential, while you drive around all day delivering non essential crap?
We do deliver lots of essential stuff

dmc2008

I am a bit surprised they're not--at the very least--following the governor's orders here in NYS.

The PAUSE plan specifically states "Businesses and entities that provide other essential services must implement rules that help facilitate social distancing of at least six feet"
I walked in yesterday morning to see our OCS standing around with 4-5 other drivers, all within 1-2 feet of each other. Then he goes around handing out the PCM printout, instead of just sticking them in our mailboxes... And what was that PCM about? Not safety, not virus precautions, not even the inclement weather we experienced yesterday... Nope, it was about not talking to the media. :ignored:

Personally, at this rate I'm not expecting any protection from the company. It's up to each individual to protect themselves. I'm even planning to show up late because it's actually safer. Can't really bitch about me clocking in 5 min late if I'm on the road 10 min earlier than usual, and have easily cut my building time in half.

Scuderia

Safety for UPS is about lowering their insurance premiums. Don't you guys know that? They don't give a friend--- about you! lol

Definitely a class action coming after this.

Scuderia

And how does this compare to not paying people for time they worked?

The law suit wasn't for unpaid time. It was about a technicality in California law that says if you work without a lunch, and the work day is longer than 6 hours, the company is supposed to compensate you with an extra hour of paid time for free. People will sue for anything, that's what I'm getting at.

Last edited:

trickpony1

People will sue for anything, that's what I'm getting at.

….and some people have a serious dislike for lawyers until
they have to go up against someone who:
- has more money than them;
- is bigger than them;
- has more control than them and;
- has more time than them.

then, suddenly, lawyers are good people.

Non sequitur

The safety culture is a real thing the earlier you get on board the better off you will be. I would suggest you go home at night and self quarantine from your other family members.
Those hourly employees on the safety team should not have a lifetime appointment. guys and gals for 20 plus years seniority should be rotated in on a yearly basis. Should be no favoritism to the teacher's pet. if you been doing this job for more than 20 years you have all the aches and pains and experience t0 really help the younger generation

542thruNthru

Another east coast crybaby. Geez! Grow a set east coast!

:)