Salary Compare Contrast

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Congratulations
Thanks.
20211230_201002.jpg

That's last year. 👆🏾

MAKAVELI

Imagine trying to explain to someone why you're lazy and thinking that you're taking the high ground.

I expect people to take pride in what they do. Those that don't, they don't make jack and they don't deserve it.
So FedEx has a company full of management that has no pride but collects those checks just the same. Garbage in, garbage out.

btrlov

Lol, I love how upsers show off on a fedex question…and thats sparks a fight on compensation at Fedex. Meanwhile u go to the ups side and they are complaining just as much… Shows how hard it is to satisfy humans.

Working4the1%

Fedex. Sit around wait for plane. Go out and come back for Response. Go out again. Easy 100 k here. AC/easy packages/No boss hounding me/Average Pension with max 401K match. Me likes

Aquaman

The Colts will be better once Frank Reich gets Carson Wentz as his QB.

At least you admit that you need a babysitter. Thanks for confirming!
Couriers don’t need to be babysat. When I was a courier my manager left me alone. He didn’t care about gap reports or stops per hour. If you had a problem you called him. He’d never call you in his office for the garbage the company wanted him to care about. And he was the best manager I ever had. This operation mostly runs itself with managers only really needing to care about the schedule. When I’m on road dispatch manages me. Managers are only good for whining when I call in sick, and complaining about how you run your route. At Express it’s one of the most useless positions. Ramp Agents & dispatchers run the show.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Couriers don’t need to be babysat. When I was a courier my manager left me alone. He didn’t care about gap reports or stops per hour.
A manager in any business who doesn't care about his employees' performance is a loser. No exceptions. Who likes that kind of management? Idiots.

he was the best manager I ever had.
Exhibit A.

This operation mostly runs itself with managers only really needing to care about the schedule.
Lost my ID.
Forgot to clock in.
Forgot to clock out.
Had a wreck.
I forgot to renew my license.
Why is it a big deal I took a 30 minute personal phone call while on the clock?
It shouldn't matter how long it takes me as long as I get the job done.
I forgot to take my physical.
I lost my truck keys.
I don't know how to code my time card.
My phone died so I can't run my route because I can't use Road Warrior.
I forgot my start time.
I forgot when my day off is.
I forgot to bid some of my vacation but I'm going to take that week off anyway even though it's full.
I delivered to the wrong address.
I indirected a DSR/ASR.
I released a DSR/ASR.
My Econoline is out of service so I took a W700 from a route that has a bunch of bulk stops.

But couriers don't need to be babysat and the operation runs itself.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A manager in any business who doesn't care about his employees' performance is a loser. No exceptions. Who likes that kind of management? Idiots.

Exhibit A.

Lost my ID.
Forgot to clock in.
Forgot to clock out.
Had a wreck.
I lost my truck keys.
I forgot my start time.
I forgot to bid some of my vacation but I'm going to take that week off anyway even though it's full.
I indirected a DSR/ASR.
I released a DSR/ASR.
My Econoline is out of service so I took a W700 from a route that has a bunch of bulk stops.

You DO realize that many of those issues you listed go back to poor training by management, right? That, and the caliber of the new hires. As @MAKAVELI said, you get what you paid for.

yadig

Exhibit A.

Lost my ID.
Forgot to clock in.
Forgot to clock out.
Had a wreck.
I lost my truck keys.
I forgot my start time.
I indirected a DSR/ASR.
I released a DSR/ASR.

You get what you pay for

Working4the1%

Exhibit A.

Lost my ID.
Forgot to clock in.
Forgot to clock out.
Had a wreck.
I lost my truck keys.
I forgot my start time.
I indirected a DSR/ASR.
I released a DSR/ASR.

Most experienced couriers don’t do any of those. So managers focus on What’s for lunch mostly

dezguy

Best manager I ever had never bothered anyone unless there was an issue. Never seen a station run better since.

Current managers are on employees for the smallest things. There are constant shouting matches on the belt and morale is the worst I've ever seen.

The manager who just left people alone and stood up for employees to senior management could leave for a week and the station would run just as well. Current managers leave for a week and the station runs better than if they were there.

It's all the hourlies fault, though.