Satellite driver question

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
If you're a satellite driver, is it OK for your stupervisor to send you a text 1hr before your scheduled start time telling you due to low volume you are laid-off today?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You can be laid off if you are the lowest seniority person. If anyone in your center with less seniority is working, ask to bump them and head into work.
Lots of fresh snow out there today. Take the day off and stay warm.:-)

By The Book

I always want to work.
Just because they cut your route doesn't mean you aren't entitled to drive. You can bump into the center and run a route from there. This is if you have more seniority than the other driver at the building. If you have a satellite route you probably have more seniority than the lower third in your building, yes?

BrownTexas

I wouldn't answer the call or text and would show up accordingly. You are then guaranteed 8 hours of work. They are suppose to tell you by the end of your previous shift. This one hour bs is for the birds.

By The Book

I wouldn't answer the call or text and would show up accordingly. You are then guaranteed 8 hours of work. They are suppose to tell you by the end of your previous shift. This one hour bs is for the birds.
In most cases you are scheduled for the week, so it's on the schedule.

BrownTexas

As a full time driver being texted by his supervisor I would play dumb and then force them to pay me while I sit at home if there is no other work.

box_beeyotch

Next time ignore the text or call, by answering and not showing up on time you have voided your guarantee of 8. Also you should be allowed to bump into preload, you're allowed to bump into two part times shifts to get your 8.

ManInBrown

What's your satellite route like? If you don't mind me asking. I've always been intrigued by satellite routes. My center and where I live is a heavily populated area. No Sat routes anywhere near me. I used to have a family friend who had a Sat rt in Nevada. Way out in the boonies.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
There is no way in hell. That I'm not heading into work via text message. Unless you are an hr away from the building or something like that. Make them call you. Are you the last guy on the list? You have got to have more than others. Plenty of work if you go get it