Saturday Ground

jaker

trolling
You could also apply this to just putting away 200.00 bucks a week for 45 out of 52 weeks in your 401k if that gives you any more motivation. I don't know about you but I don't wanna spend any more time here then I have to, and if I do I want it to count.

Edi :You can also relate it to someone who skips their lunch 4 days a week and puts it in their board.
Or put half your check away from feeder over 20 years

some1else

Banned
My center has had saturday air bid list up each week. For fulltime to come in saturday and do 4-6 hours. A few people signed it at first but havent seen a name on that paper in months. They have been drafting junior drivers.

If im going to work extra hours id much rather do it during the week and make 3x (9.5 list) than come in on my saturday for 1.5x thats silly. An extra commute for less money?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I can't see them paying OT rate for ground year round, and to do it during peak is silly because many drivers were already maxing out DOT hours without Saturday.

upschuck

If we work Saturdays, and feeder runs don't run ground, Mondays are going to be cut a lot more, since most resi would be already delivered. This would give the people who don't work Mon the ability to work on Sat, a defacto switching of schedule without really switching the schedule.

brett636

In feeders we have jobs that are Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday through Thursday. I imagine if the company thinks its worth it we will see the same thing start in package car so Saturday work will be straight time only once they get through this experiment stage.

PT Car Washer

If we work Saturdays, and feeder runs don't run ground, Mondays are going to be cut a lot more, since most resi would be already delivered. This would give the people who don't work Mon the ability to work on Sat, a defacto switching of schedule without really switching the schedule.
I was assuming Saturday Ground would be a premium service like Saturday Air. Not delivering Monday volume on Saturday.

ArcherUTR

Saturday ground should be OT for all hours worked.

If less than a 6th punch and you volunteer, I don't have a problem with a standard pay rate. Why punish somebody for wanting to work on a Saturday but can't because you insist on it being overtime?

upsman68

I've been working 3 1/2 hours every Saturday this year except when I'm on vacation. It is such easy money.

Sent using BrownCafe App

calcio56

My building instituted a new rule that does not allow mon - fri drivers to work saturdays. Used to be you could volunteer to work sat regardless of your schedule

UPSGUY72

In feeders we have jobs that are Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday through Thursday. I imagine if the company thinks its worth it we will see the same thing start in package car so Saturday work will be straight time only once they get through this experiment stage.

It would have to be a 8 hr guarantee and not hrs worked. For a six punch it could be hours worked. They would be saving money having it be a six punch as they don't have to pay benefits.

The only way it would work is if they cut the same number of routes Monday as they had on Sat. Other wise it costs them more than just paying some one OT all say Sat.

PT Car Washer

I don't think UPS is thinking about saving money by offering Saturday Ground delivery. Just another service level to stay competitive. I see it as a driver sort and load with the Saturday Air drivers delivering ground after their air. At most may have to add a few more Saturday Air drivers and pay them top driver rate.

BigBeef42

I don't think UPS is thinking about saving money by offering Saturday Ground delivery. Just another service level to stay competitive. I see it as a driver sort and load with the Saturday Air drivers delivering ground after their air. At most may have to add a few more Saturday Air drivers and pay them top driver rate.

As a saturday driver, i say hell yes, give me top utility pay baby!

Less Runnin, More Stunnin

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Just to give you guys some ideas about how lucrative this could be.

Say you work 45 Saturdays out of 52. Of those Saturdays you work a minimum of 4 hours (taking into account you worked 50ish M-friend) at 50.56/hr. By the end of the year you'd make 9100.00 more just from Saturdays. Say you've been here for 15years and plan on doing 30 and out. Doing 15 more years at 9100.00 an extra a year (no yearly raises calculated into this), you'd have $136,512.00. That would equal roughly two years of what someone who takes a few no pays every so often makes.

Now imagine you're ready to leave and took that 4hrs on Sat the whole time and dumped just that into a 401k for 15 years and earned 10% a year off it average. It would come out to be $318,042.54 over the 15 years. Now lets say your 55 at the time and can't pull from it till 60 and you're just living off your pension, the total at age 60 would be $512,210.69.

All that from 4hrs extra OT a week Saturday morning for 15 years working.

No one told me math would be involved:biggrin: