Saturday grounds delivery

Cgs1226

Saturday ground delivery started at the Hub I work at in Anaheim. We have been doing since last year before peak. I am scheduled mon through fri but been able to volunteer for Saturday getting close to 60 hours a week. Finished the day with 130 stops spanning over 4 routes with 7 Saturday NDA stops. We also do pick ups which are basically ups stores and target stores. Started the day at 8:45 and clocked out 17:00.

Very informative

It will be fine

Where do they load it?
Not sure what your asking. They load it the same way they do the rest of the week. There's no sort on Mondays. Only home delivery gets delivered on Saturday. Regular Ground gets loaded on the trucks for Monday. Different trucks run on Saturday than run in Monday.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Not sure what your asking. They load it the same way they do the rest of the week. There's no sort on Mondays. Only home delivery gets delivered on Saturday. Regular Ground gets loaded on the trucks for Monday. Different trucks run on Saturday than run in Monday.
FedEx ground doesn't deliver on a Monday?

It will be fine

FedEx ground doesn't deliver on a Monday?
Ground does. Home delivery service is tues-sat. The volume for Monday delivery is just loaded on Saturday morning. The ground trucks sit there full all weekend. It's just the way they do it so preload still only works 5 days. Both Saturday's and Monday's volume is sorted Saturday. Only the HD trucks actually dispatch on Saturday.

PT Car Washer

Ground does. Home delivery service is tues-sat. The volume for Monday delivery is just loaded on Saturday morning. The ground trucks sit there full all weekend. It's just the way they do it so preload still only works 5 days. Both Saturday's and Monday's volume is sorted Saturday. Only the HD trucks actually dispatch on Saturday.
UPS could load most of our volume, including NDA on Saturday morning. Most of the loads are here by then. I guess the highers would feel it would be too laid back without an artificial deadline to meet.

It will be fine

UPS could load most of our volume, including NDA on Saturday morning. Most of the loads are here by then. I guess the highers would feel it would be too laid back without an artificial deadline to meet.
The preload gets pushed to finish at the same time on Saturdays. The belt mangers still need to hit their productivity numbers. The loads tend to be much sloppier since no drivers are around to help out and everything just gets tossed in at the end. Occasionally if a load or two gets held up they'll run a skeleton crew to sort on Monday morning.

542thruNthru

You guys have different trucks used for ground and home right?

We use the same trucks M-S so they couldn't really load Mondays trucks because most would be used for Saturday. I think that's why it's confusing.

It will be fine

We use the same trucks M-S so they couldn't really load Mondays trucks because most would be used for Saturday. I think that's why it's confusing.
We have different trucks, but I run both services Ground and Home. I run all of them Tues-Fri. Saturday is just the residential so only a handful dispatch. Then on Monday the rest go out with the normal business stops. There isn't really the volume for a full operation 6 days a week so the routes are defined geographically different on Saturday and Monday. I assume you guys will do something similar so you won't use every truck 6 days unless they start running an additional sort.

542thruNthru

We have different trucks, but I run both services Ground and Home. I run all of them Tues-Fri. Saturday is just the residential so only a handful dispatch. Then on Monday the rest go out with the normal business stops. There isn't really the volume for a full operation 6 days a week so the routes are defined geographically different on Saturday and Monday. I assume you guys will do something similar so you won't use every truck 6 days unless they start running an additional sort.

I was told we will run 25-30 routes out of 62 in my center. Should be interesting to see how they go about it.

It will be fine

I was told we will run 25-30 routes out of 62 in my center. Should be interesting to see how they go about it.
Are they still going to run 62 on Monday or are they chopping that down? Even without the residential stops you probably can't cut half the routes. I'm sure it'll be different for you guys with the Saturday air packages to cover too.

542thruNthru

Are they still going to run 62 on Monday or are they chopping that down? Even without the residential stops you probably can't cut half the routes. I'm sure it'll be different for you guys with the Saturday air packages to cover too.

I doubt we will run every route on Monday but they haven't said a number yet. To be hone step the numbers they gave me could be bogus also. Won't know till later this year.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We load Saturday and Monday work on Saturdays.

We run 12 Sat trips in a 55 trip center. Not a problem.
I doubt we will run every route on Monday but they haven't said a number yet. To be hone step the numbers they gave me could be bogus also. Won't know till later this year.
Because we only run 40 trips on Monday.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
What will the affect on feeders be? Most guys here are pushing 60 hours in 5 days. They plan on Saturday being a regular day wouldn't you still have pickups to be processed that night?