Saturday grounds delivery

LeadBelly

Banned
Are they still going to run 62 on Monday or are they chopping that down? Even without the residential stops you probably can't cut half the routes. I'm sure it'll be different for you guys with the Saturday air packages to cover too.
The need for part time Saturday air drivers will diminish as the regular drivers will do the bulk of the work. Outlying areas that don't have Saturday ground yet will still use air drivers for Saturday air.

LeadBelly

Banned
What will the affect on feeders be? Most guys here are pushing 60 hours in 5 days. They plan on Saturday being a regular day wouldn't you still have pickups to be processed that night?
No change for feeders at this point except for extra Friday night loads from the increase in volume ups is getting because of the extra day of service. 99% residential delivery. The way to get a commercial delivery on a Saturday is s to schedule a pickup that carries a $3.50 cent charge for the pickup.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In our center they reduced the routes on Monday from 57 to 52. Coverage of the pickups is an issue.
How do they fill the additional Tues-Sat drivers days during the week?
Are some of the low guys getting laid off mid-week, or are seniority drivers and the Company amicable to multiple scheduled days off?
Have any routes seen a reduction of overtime?
Are you seeing an increase in SurePost volume being kept for delivery?

PT Car Washer

Are some of the low guys getting laid off mid-week, or are seniority drivers and the Company amicable to multiple scheduled days off?
We do not have Saturday ground delivery yet but in my Local the bottom 10% of FT drivers do not have a 40 hour/wk guarantee. Is this normal for other Locals?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We do not have Saturday ground delivery yet but in my Local the bottom 10% of FT drivers do not have a 40 hour/wk guarantee. Is this normal for other Locals?
It is, which was the genesis of the questions.

Wouldn't you think there would be a significant number of drivers who would fall victim to a Tues-Sat schedule, that still find themselves in the top 90%?

I see this as a huge "tug of war" for the Company, Monday thru Saturday.

LeadBelly

Banned
Tuesday through Saturday drivers are scheduled off Sunday and Monday.

No reduction on Monday but balanced out Tuesday through Friday with 8:50 hours averaging Saturday.

Surepost is still up in the air.

LeadBelly

Banned
It is, which was the genesis of the questions.

Wouldn't you think there would be a significant number of drivers who would fall victim to a Tues-Sat schedule, that still find themselves in the top 90%?

I see this as a huge "tug of war" for the Company, Monday thru Saturday.
There will be some growing pains, not doubt. It's nice that it was implemented a year and a half before the contract is up. We can get language from the trial and error right now. Your proposals will play a role in how the issues are documented.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The need for part time Saturday air drivers will diminish as the regular drivers will do the bulk of the work. Outlying areas that don't have Saturday ground yet will still use air drivers for Saturday air.
So does this mean we can dissolve article 40 air language in the next contract???