Saturday grounds delivery

The need for part time Saturday air drivers will diminish as the regular drivers will do the bulk of the work. Outlying areas that don't have Saturday ground yet will still use air drivers for Saturday air.
It will create more fulltime jobs or more partime... Either way it doesn't look like a bad thing... Only worry is hopeful the company lets the union in more and faster to work out the contract Language... At least in 177

LeadBelly

Banned
It will create more fulltime jobs or more partime... Either way it doesn't look like a bad thing... Only worry is hopeful the company lets the union in more and faster to work out the contract Language... At least in 177
I can tell you for sure that it has the IBT's attention. There is existing language that will be used, and we got some good people working on it. Starting this 17 months before the contract will benefit us all.

P

pickup

I'm not going to say where I live in New Jersey but about an hour and half ago, I saw a UPS package car making a residential delivery. I never saw that before on a Saturday afternoon.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm not going to say where I live in New Jersey but about an hour and half ago, I saw a UPS package car making a residential delivery. I never saw that before on a Saturday afternoon.
You must live near me, because I passed several today running errands!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In our center they reduced the routes on Monday from 57 to 52. Coverage of the pickups is an issue.

This is the issue I am foreseeing when we go to Saturdays.

Mondays are already enough of a smiletshow during the summer; routes get haphazardly combined and drivers wind up with 12 hours worth of business deliveries, or 4 hours worth of pickups to do in a 2 hour time window... in a car that can only physically contain half of the volume on what is typically our heaviest day in terms of pickups. Thinning out the volume even more by delivering some of it on Saturday will only make the problem worse. My prediction: we will have more service failures on Mondays during the summer months than we do during peak.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This is the issue I am foreseeing when we go to Saturdays.

Mondays are already enough of a smiletshow during the summer; routes get haphazardly combined and drivers wind up with 12 hours worth of business deliveries, or 4 hours worth of pickups to do in a 2 hour time window... in a car that can only physically contain half of the volume on what is typically our heaviest day in terms of pickups. Thinning out the volume even more by delivering some of it on Saturday will only make the problem worse. My prediction: we will have more service failures on Mondays during the summer months than we do during peak.
We have plenty of service problems. 8:30 start time on Mondays, don't typically leave til 9:10 at the earliest. Late air every Monday.