Saturday or Sunday hmm

I don't want your opinion of me to change. For someone like you to like me would mean I wasn't accomplishing what I set out to do in life. Intimidated, lol, absolutely nothing about you intimidates me. Feelings hurt, lol, you see someone has to mean something to you for that person to hurt your feelings. I didn't say you threatened me now did I? All I did was remind you of laws and the I.B.T. constitution. Remember you have been on this site for a long time and there are many other correspondences with other members. You just never know who is watching and taking notes and records is all.
Go clean your :censored2:. I think it's time.

Inthegame

Omg, really, lol!! Inthegame, I too appreciate your comments although I may not agree most of the time but I have to say, you didn't have me at hello and clearly there is something in it for you. I mean, how else would you get such adoration and overwhelming support and admiration. Excuse me, I just vomited a little . Now what was I saying, oh yeah it must be nice to get all these loving comments from Bojangles? Anyway, I do think you are intelligent and somewhat well informed but I don't feel I have to kiss your rear to tell u that. Have a Merry Christmas sincerely and I look forward to our continued bantering.
Thanks, I think. Just answering a question and not looking for anyone kissing my rear. Nothing "in it" for me. I wish UPS didn't feel the need for a full operation on Friday after Thanksgiving, but language is present to allow it. It appears to have helped keep the system moving.
I take Bo's comments as a guy who appreciates other guys who actually get involved and work toward solutions to the constant barrage of issues UPS seems to throw at their employees every day.
Anyone can post answers (right or wrong) on BC. But only a few can earn the trust of their members and get elected to represent and solve those issues.
Hope you had a great Christmas, and as a good Irishman I hope you enjoy Saint Stephens Day.

Irishman Collins

The day of the wren, interesting you should mention such a holiday? Anyway, as far as "Bo" goes. He just irritates me is all. He really, in my opinion never really has anything interesting to say unless he is trying new and creative ways to kiss rear. As far as your comments and "Bo's comments about being "involved", I am involved and have always been. I love my Union and I am ashamed of it now.I along with many others will work tirelessly to create effective change. At this point I don't even care if it is a T.D.U. slate or not. In my opinion anything is better than our current situation and administration. As a good "Irishman" I expect a good fight from my foes and respect them for standing up for what they believe in, no matter how misguided he or she may be. I appreciate your holiday sentiments and your knowledge of Irish holidays and am glad that we can exchange verbal blows and walk out of the ring with some respect for the other.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm just trying to point out that I think you are a spineless coward. You come on this site and cry like a little girl. You are the kind of guy/that like to bitch but you won't get involved get in office and fix it. As far as things I've been through I'll never forget. It's my fuel. It's what will always separate me from an anonymous coward that's crying. See I used my fuel to get involved and change things. You know get involved. Be a player. Fix something. You I just don't see it. As far as me being mr. Bojangles you know who I am from your friends on hear. You were at that Ohio meeting. You all know who each other is on here as well as me. I'm betting if you saw me you would know it's me. If you ever do feel free to come talk to me. Introduce yourself. I'll talk to you in person like I do on here.

If I seem combative to you on here it's because I have no respect for who you are or what you represent here. I think you will never be happy because you have a lot of issues.

I give respect where respect is due. Inthegame is probably the most knowledgeable union poster on this site. I payed respect to him and you took a shot at me. You know you puked in your mouth. I respect those who have earned it and he has. I'm a very loyal person and I spew positiveness. This has been one of the things that has gotten me to where I'm at. My hardships will always be worn as a badge of honor. It's who I am. My fuel. I don't ever forget.

So basically you get it. I don't respect or like your kind. You are the one with the puke comment so you brought my response on yourself.

The common denominator???

Please stop it.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I wish UPS didn't feel the need for a full operation on Friday after Thanksgiving, but language is present to allow it.

Funny thing;

There is language going all the way back to 1968.... Where the company can

require an employee to work on "named" Holidays. And they pay the premium for it.

I take Bo's comments as a guy who appreciates other guys who actually get involved and work toward solutions to the constant barrage of issues UPS seems to throw at their employees every day.

I have said this before.

From the moment.... the company signs the contract, they are looking for ways to evade it.

Their (redundant) tactic, is to try and gain things through the Panel system and arbitration....

that they couldn't get, in contract negotiations.

Only a few can earn the trust of their members and get elected to represent and solve those issues.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

oldngray

nowhere special
Funny thing;

There is language going all the way back to 1968.... Where the company can

require an employee to work on "named" Holidays. And they pay the premium for it.

I have said this before.

From the moment.... the company signs the contract, they are looking for ways to evade it.

Their (redundant) tactic, is to try and gain things through the Panel system and arbitration....

that they couldn't get, in contract negotiations.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

The company will always try to get fuzzy language in the contact when ever possible to give them wiggle to try to find ways around issues.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sometimes.... ambiguous language is a benefit.

Do you really want a defined (contractual) attendance policy?

-Bug-
Some flexibility is absolutely necessary but this isn't the old UPS that was trying to be fair. And "past practice" for gray areas is widely abused. If UPS gets away with bending the contract once they can use that as a precedent to continue doing so.

For $10/hr and no benefits HR is a revolving door. I am amazed HR can find so many suckers. Newbies learn real quick what the job is about and leave after a couple days or weeks.

Irishman Collins

Sometimes.... ambiguous language is a benefit.

Do you really want a defined (contractual) attendance policy?

-Bug-
Omg, where is a attendance policy mentioned in the contract and I am not talking 3 day, no call, no show language? The only way that a defined attendance poicy would be put in the contract would be if our Union agreed to it. I am sure our Union leaders would never agree to doing that to their members? Oh, wait a minute, I was daydreaming about good strong Union leadership. Hell, why wouldn't our current leadership agree to a defined attendance policy? They already have agreed to a 4 year progression for part timers who in some cases wait 10 years to become a driver. Only to have to wait 4 more years for top pay. Oh and let's not forget putting over half of its membership into a lesser health care plan. So with all that said why not a defined attendance policy? Please wake up Teamsters and realize if we don't elect new leadership our rights will quickly become equal to the so called weaker Unions!

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Omg, where is a attendance policy mentioned in the contract

Whoa.... there cowboy !

The only way that a defined attendance poicy would be put in the contract would be if our Union agreed to it.

Won't happen.

Show up or we will find someone who will.

Good luck with that.

And finding future employees.... that would rather work at McDonalds.

(No heavy lifting involved)

-Bug-