Saturday preload for Monday loads

Ups_pr3l0ad3r

My building has moved everyone to Tuesday-Saturday schedules and I'm now loading on Saturday and the trucks I load just wait there loaded till Monday. They have a super small crew (8 people for the whole building) that handles the air that comes in on Monday and throws it behind the cars for the drivers. I was told by our Union rep that 200 some buildings in the country are starting to do this in 2020. Anyone else start doing this? Previously we have been doing Saturday delivery, but had Tuesday-Saturday people handling the cars that went out on Saturdays. Now they've switched everyone over to t-s shifts. All I can say is I'm in no rush to get my trucks loaded on a Saturday, as I have literally all day, as the trucks don't move till Monday @ 9. Just wondering how it's working for other buildings, as Saturdays are a mess with call offs.

specter208

We deliver M-ST here. We have a M-friend crew and then all new hires and low seniority are T-S. We have about 20 Saturday routes and the Monday cars are partially loaded on Saturday and then M-friend crew finishes the rest on Monday.

Poop Head

Judge me.
My building has moved everyone to Tuesday-Saturday schedules and I'm now loading on Saturday and the trucks I load just wait there loaded till Monday. They have a super small crew (8 people for the whole building) that handles the air that comes in on Monday and throws it behind the cars for the drivers. I was told by our Union rep that 200 some buildings in the country are starting to do this in 2020. Anyone else start doing this? Previously we have been doing Saturday delivery, but had Tuesday-Saturday people handling the cars that went out on Saturdays. Now they've switched everyone over to t-s shifts. All I can say is I'm in no rush to get my trucks loaded on a Saturday, as I have literally all day, as the trucks don't move till Monday @ 9. Just wondering how it's working for other buildings, as Saturdays are a mess with call offs.
So you guys load ALL of Monday ground volume on Saturday now??

How many trucks go out Saturday? How many go out Monday?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We deliver M-ST here. We have a M-friend crew and then all new hires and low seniority are T-S. We have about 20 Saturday routes and the Monday cars are partially loaded on Saturday and then M-friend crew finishes the rest on Monday.
That’s what we’ve done here since Saturday ground was implemented. The load quality on Monday is non existent as the Saturday loaders rifle everything in wherever they want, they won’t be there Monday to here about it. It sucks.

We start next month loading everything on Saturday. Right now we load the Saturday ground and partially load the rest of the cars. Sounds like a real money maker running misloads on Monday.

Hot Carl

That’s what we’ve done here since Saturday ground was implemented. The load quality on Monday is non existent as the Saturday loaders rifle everything in wherever they want, they won’t be there Monday to here about it. It sucks.
We do it that way too. Typically, anyone who loaded trucks that didn't go out on Saturday and comes in on Monday is put on the same trucks so they can finish what they started. But yeah, it's not uncommon at all to come in to a destroyed truck on Monday.

Ups_pr3l0ad3r

So you guys load ALL of Monday ground volume on Saturday now??

How many trucks go out Saturday? How many go out Monday?
Yes... All ground loaded Saturday. I'm not sure on the truck counts, but if I had to guess 30 maybe go out Saturday, and another 35 or 40 are now getting loaded Saturday to go out Monday. Prior to this Monday loads didn't get touched at all on Saturday, and we'd come into a mess on Monday to clean up and get loaded up. I preferred that to working Saturday, but when I don't have a choice ☹️

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
it is the same everywhere, except when 5 loads show up on monday mysterious because they did not come in on saturday. Then they call people in for ot

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We are all off Saturday's. so sorry, no info to give you.