Saturday Sheet Show

35years

Gravy route
Then there would be no need for lock in SPHOR rides or constant intimidation if these allowances were open and verifiable to all parties.

Has anyone, anywhere ever been fired for not meeting the supposed "lock in" ride numbers? No! For stealing time by purposely not being efficient? Yes.

It is all just a game. If you are doing your job at a reasonable effort level you will not be fired for production. Very few drivers steal time by not giving a fair days work, far less than management harasses about production.

Don't accept their numbers as reflecting reality, because they are manipulated. Give a good effort every day and let the harassment roll off your back like water. I used to run a route where I was over allowed by 1+ hour everyday for over a decade! We had another driver that was over by 2-3 hours everyday for years on end. Neither of us would accept their numbers as valid. Both of us gave our best everyday. Neither of us were ever disciplined for production.

I now run a route that I am under allowed on everyday. Am I faster than before? NO. Allowances will never be accepted by the union because they are manipulated and inaccurate to begin with. "Lock in" rides are easy for any BA or competent steward to refute.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No lie, they had a person from IE time studying how long it took to fuel our vehicles this evening. She had a stopwatch and everything, I asked her if they were so concerned about time to fuel vehicles, why do we have 2 unleaded pumps and 6 diesel while our fleet is already 70% unleaded and every new truck coming in is unleaded.

She didn't make notations of my concerns.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No lie, they had a person from IE time studying how long it took to fuel our vehicles this evening. She had a stopwatch and everything, I asked her if they were so concerned about time to fuel vehicles, why do we have 2 unleaded pumps and 6 diesel while our fleet is already 70% unleaded and every new truck coming in is unleaded.

I would think that the price of diesel was much lower when your building was being designed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a 29 year driver (she will be retiring on the same day that I do) who was on the 2nd of a 3 day production ride yesterday. She does a good job but her DOL is all screwed up and she is being told to follow Orion stop for stop even though they know it will cause missed business stops. Why would they waste their time and effort on someone who will be gone in less than a year?

Over 70

I think the main reason UPS is getting out of diesel is the emissions equipment new diesel must have. It is costly, unreliable and wouldn't play nice to being turned on and off 200 times a day.

I'm sure diesel fuel price is a factor too.

First thing I did when I got my diesel car was delete it all and straight pipe. Gained 5mpg and 45hp.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

she's probably recording that time so she can burn the carwash manager for wasting your PM time

but i'm sure you felt pretty witty pointing out the blindingly obvious

:rolleyes:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
she's probably recording that time so she can burn the carwash manager for wasting your PM time

but i'm sure you felt pretty witty pointing out the blindingly obvious

:rolleyes:
Wrong, we fuel our own vehicles. So once again as I told another poster, continue to post comments on things you know nothing about, it's humorous as you claim to be in a dept that prides themselves on numbers based on reality.

Over 70

...and you immediately voided the warranty...

Haha

Frankly, the delete was the best warranty I ever bought for the car. You're clueless as usual.

It's out of warranty now anyways and has never been in for service. I do it all.

I fluid film it yearly and expect 15 to 20 years of service. I don't lease vehicles, cash money.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I would think that the price of diesel was much lower when your building was being designed.
Yet we have unleaded vehicles lined out the property to fuel while diesel pumps go unused. I suppose the costs of retro fitting a diesel pump/tank would be enormous, above my pay grade to figure that out.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Wrong, we fuel our own vehicles. So once again as I told another poster, continue to post comments on things you know nothing about, it's humorous as you claim to be in a dept that prides themselves on numbers based on reality.
I did say probably

so what it means is she's just taking a measurement for IE purposes

dunno how else to put it simply that we don't give a :censored2: what you do, that's the ops problem

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I did say probably

so what it means is she's just taking a measurement for IE purposes

dunno how else to put it simply that we don't give a :censored2: what you do, that's the ops problem
That's funny, I didn't ask your opinion on the event but you seemed enthralled with it. Feel free to follow me, but then again you say you don't care, right?

Hint: In case you haven't figured it out yet, most on here don't care about IE as well, take that into consideration next time you decide to post.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
That's funny, I didn't ask your opinion on the event but you seemed enthralled with it. Feel free to follow me, but then again you say you don't care, right?

Hint: In case you haven't figured it out yet, most on here don't care about IE as well, take that into consideration next time you decide to post.
relax guy don't get your panties into a bunch

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Haha

Frankly, the delete was the best warranty I ever bought for the car. You're clueless as usual.

It's out of warranty now anyways and has never been in for service. I do it all.

I fluid film it yearly and expect 15 to 20 years of service. I don't lease vehicles, cash money.
What kind of diesel?