Saturday & Sunday, is OT certain?

For example, my understanding of OT:

PT after 5 hours in general.
FT after 8 hours in general.

Paid daily.

What I'm wondering, is OT guaranteed on Saturday or Sunday. Regardless of other factors, such as days or hours worked for the week.

The hub was empty tonight after working, no PM employees. I got paid OT as PVD but didn't work 5 days. Saturday included I worked 4. Is this an error or is weekend work always OT?

542thruNthru

For example, my understanding of OT:

PT after 5 hours in general.
FT after 8 hours in general.

Paid daily.

What I'm wondering, is OT guaranteed on Saturday or Sunday. Regardless of other factors, such as days or hours worked for the week.

The hub was empty tonight after working, no PM employees. I got paid OT as PVD but didn't work 5 days. Saturday included I worked 4. Is this an error or is weekend work always OT?
Depends on your supplemental contract.

Ghost in the Darkness

Yeah 542tnt is right, depends on the local. Here you could have a holiday during the week, or only work 1-5 days in that week regardless of using pto or taking a layoff... week get OT on Saturdays and double time for Sundays. But thats here.

Appreciate the guidance to Supplemental Contracts. I'm going to assume at this point the system would recognize my hours and days worked before Saturday were only 3 days at 20 some odd hours. If it gets corrected and Saturday doesn't get paid OT, oh well I guess.

Ghost in the Darkness

Not here... they don't wanna pay double time. We don't have Saturday ground year round or 22.4s either. They only run a limited air service for certain zip codes on Saturdays.