Scheduled double time day

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
So our center recently started Saturday delivery and I switched to Tuesday-Saturday on the preload. This means Mondays are double time for me. My question is: do I have any sort of right to hours if I’m on the schedule for Monday? Can they send me home if I show up and they decide I’m not needed?

nWo

If you are scheduled on Monday show up and work. Drag it out too. So you run out of hours before Saturday.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
You missed the part that he is on the preload. He's not guaranteed 8.
Correct it’s 3.5. But does that apply to this situation? Management is telling me my seniority doesn’t apply for preferred positions and I have no right to stay even though there’s still work to be done because it’s an extra day and my steward agrees. Not trying to cause problems just trying to take UPS’ money.

Back From Break
Correct it’s 3.5. But does that apply to this situation? Management is telling me my seniority doesn’t apply for preferred positions and I have no right to stay even though there’s still work to be done because it’s an extra day and my steward agrees. Not trying to cause problems just trying to take UPS’ money.

If you're a PT employee, you cannot request an 8 hour guarantee in any situation. Well....you can request it....but it ain't gonna happen.

nWo

If you are scheduled and you show up on time. They can't sent you home without your guarantee. Unless you volunteer to go home.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Give it time they will be asking you to work anyways

Trailer monkey

So our center recently started Saturday delivery and I switched to Tuesday-Saturday on the preload. This means Mondays are double time for me. My question is: do I have any sort of right to hours if I’m on the schedule for Monday? Can they send me home if I show up and they decide I’m not needed?
That would make it six days not seven, it would be time and a half, unless you are working Sunday

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You are guaranteed your 3.5 hours.

That said, you are at the absolute bottom of the seniority list for the day. Regardless of how much you have. This is not your work day, and you do not have a bid “preferred” job on this day.

Are they sending you home without completing your assigned work for the day, or is this extra work?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

That said, you are at the absolute bottom of the seniority list for the day. Regardless of how much you have. This is not your work day, and you do not have a bid “preferred” job on this day.

Are they sending you home without completing your assigned work for the day, or is this extra work?
Look at you! Very proud o ya!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

But I think he said he was “scheduled” to work on Monday. That might throw a wrinkle in things. At least gets 3.5 hrs guaranteed?