scrunched up faces

M

moreluck

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. - Carlos Casteneda

H

hubrat

Did Carlos Castenada cause you a scrunched up face, or was it what he said?

(Message edited by hubrat on August 21, 2005)

M

moreluck

just a quote that shows it's all about attitude and if you have a scrunched up face it's because you choose to.

H

hubrat

Yes, I choose to work at a job that I generally enjoy. I choose to exchange my time and my body for pay, good pay and generally good treatment compared to what others have had to put up with. I choose to invest my earnings to help "Grow UPS."

All I ask for is reasonable equipment, i.e. power steering to control a multi-ton vehicle, and hand carts made to support a 150 lb package since that is the weight I am asked to deliver (rather than the 50 lbs they were designed to support years ago).

I work 10 to 12 hour days in 100 degree weather simply because I choose to. And I usually have a smile on my face while doing so AND at the end of the day when I have to walk 3/4 mile to my car from the building.

I rarely complain.

I come to The Brown Cafe for support, not for the morals and work ethic of someone who chose to be a pampered wife of a management retiree.

Share the love.

(Message edited by hubrat on August 21, 2005)

H

hubrat

To spell it out: UPS expects certain production standards from me. They don't supply me with the tools to make that possible and I AM HARD ON MYSELF for the numbers. Management generally doesn't bug me about it.

UPS invested $billions in PAS, which, from what I've seen over the last two weeks, will be a really great system when the bugs are gone. It's already helped me tremendously as a cover driver being sent to areas in the blind.

It stinks that they refuse to update the equipment. Hence, my scrunched up face.

Other drivers understand. I shouldn't have let what you said under my skin.

Apologies for my freshness.

H

hubrat

'k. It sounded personal, right after my post. Lots of people vent. It helps, even if no one responds.

M

moreluck

and another thing....I have worked all my life, just not at UPS. I have had to find new jobs whenever we moved from place to place.....in order to make ends meet. So I don't know where the "pampered" part comes from. I worked for 32 years.....I think I've earned my time off now.

H

hubrat

Seriously, there are handcarts that are taller than me. Not just loaded taller than me. I mean standing straight up. And I'm not the shortest driver in my center. The new ones come to my chin and I can function easily with 300 lbs loaded properly onto them. The old ones were designed at a time when UPS's weight limit for a package was 50 lbs, not 150.

They are throwing out the old loop system, why not trash (or recycle) the out-dated equipment and have enough reasonably "newer" equipment to go around.

Being a driver is a hard job. I knew that when I started. I am entitled to safe equipment. Our customers should have their packages delivered to them in a safe manner, a professional manner, not a humorous one. And believe me, it's humorous to see me struggling to park a non-power steering P-800 and then load twelve 40 lb packages onto a sorry excuse for a cola can with training wheels that nine times outta ten is broken in some way.

I want to be proud to work for UPS. They make it sorta difficult sometimes.

I should not have personalized your post, but I do think it belonged in "Heard any other good ones..." or somewhere, not here.

I'll whine as loud and as long as I want. It makes me feel better and I deserve that.

O

over9five

"I am entitled to safe equipment."

Report anything unsafe to your safety committee...

ha...haha...HAHAHA..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

P

pd109

its $2.64 a gallon here in Canada now...
they sell it in litres at around a buck.
They had to use masking tape on the signs to
make the over $ value...glad I have a small car

DS

Fenderbender
Well it's been about 7 years since I started this thread and I still see those scrunchy faces.
Seems to me,that look is mostly management faces.
Not particularly at ups,just overall.
gas has gone up about $1 a gallon since that post.
I forget why I was pd109...I think I lost my bc password.
I bet that guy that put walmart as clo 1 will see some scrunched up faces :)
may20#2wm.jpg

jaker

trolling
Well it's been about 7 years since I started this thread and I still see those scrunchy faces.
Seems to me,that look is mostly management faces.
Not particularly at ups,just overall.
gas has gone up about $1 a gallon since that post.
I forget why I was pd109...I think I lost my bc password.
I bet that guy that put walmart as clo 1 will see some scrunched up faces :)
You so funny , but I know I will