Sean Obrien $45000 to Trump????

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We all know how supportive Biden and the Democrats are of unions. This is the first time in 20 years that the Teamsters have given an amount to the RNC.

Also, they are still continuing to give a LOT more to the Democrats. You may hate Trump but he's a lot more supportive of the working middle-class than most rank and file Democrats OR Republicans.
Biden day one, put union workers on the unemployment line. Not too concerned about the union brethren there.

Oh, do you know me? I thought you just signed up on this account? What is it I’m wrong about or are you the blowhard with no credibility? Sportello why don’t you and your fake accounts disappear? Sean O’Brien, and the executive board have a big boy organization to run. You can crawl back into the hole you came out of..
.....it doesn't take long to identify a blow-hard,the DNA is pretty unmistakable,and yes you are wrong as I said Republicans don't and have never supported Unions or union workers,the ProAct has been opposed by all but a few house Republicans however with overwhelming support from Democrats it was able to get through the house,but the Senate Republicans have vowed to fillabuster it until its dead....why? again because your brain dead Republicans do not support Unions or Working class American period.

Thebrownblob

Biden day one, put union workers on the unemployment line. Not too concerned about the union brethren there.
He definitely did some things that were not union friendly. But he also helped pass legislation that shored up pensions of thousands of retired union members. He also replaced lot of individuals who are unfriendly to labor at the NLRB. I’ve made it clear really not a fan of either of these two candidates, but I will give credit when either one does something right.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

.....it doesn't take long to identify a blow-hard,the DNA is pretty unmistakable,and yes you are wrong as I said Republicans don't and have never supported Unions or union workers,the ProAct has been opposed by all but a few house Republicans however with overwhelming support from Democrats it was able to get through the house,but the Senate Republicans have vowed to fillabuster it until its dead....why? again because your brain dead Republicans do not support Unions or Working class American period.
Really? So you haven’t been paying attention to all the Republicans in the Senate that Sean O’Brien has had meetings with? My God you’re so smart maybe you should run this organization? You can’t even run your own Brown café account with any kind of integrity why would anyone trust you for anything? Now again, crawl back into the pit came out of no one gives a rats ass what you think. This money was not given willy-nilly. There is a strategy if you don’t like it. Well that’s too damn bad you’re not the president of this international union.

Bottom line is there’s going to be some Republicans who win no matter how much you dislike them. we need their support on these legislative items. There are very narrow margins in both the senate and the house. This is Smart money. Giving money to candidates who cannot win makes no sense. Unfortunately, all you think about is Trump we don’t even know if he’ll be president. But we do know some Republicans are going to win. Your mindset has gotten us nowhere. I will support President O’Brien and the executive board trying something new.
....for your information buddy the Republicans were only able to get a 5 seat edge in the house with all of there gerrymandering district in play,now that the court have stepped in to mandate the redrawn districts there's an excellent chance Democrats will sweep the house and the senate and the Presidency in November.....that my friend is what's historically known as a "mandate".....universal heath care,payed family leave,ect,ect....

Thebrownblob

....for your information buddy the Republicans were only able to get a 5 seat edge in the house with all of there gerrymandering district in play,now that the court have stepped in to mandate the redrawn districts there's an excellent chance Democrats will sweep the house and the senate and the Presidency in November.....that my friend is what's historically known as a "mandate".....universal heath care,payed family leave,ect,ect....
Again, I’m not your buddy, and your opinion is about as important as your sphincter here. Your partisan axe to grind is no concern of mine. I look forward to your inevitable ban here for creating another fake account.

He definitely did some things that were not union friendly. But he also helped make shore legislation passed that short up pensions of thousands of retired union members. He also replaced lot of individuals who are unfriendly to labor at the NLRB. I’ve made it clear really not a fan of either of these two candidates, but I will give credit when either one does something right.
....that's well said my friend,it sounds as if some of these old timers on here that still have one foot in the Central States Pension is not appreciative of what Joe Biden did for their Pension by sending that $35 billion over to Central States......Trump did not do that, Biden did......remember that when you're in that little box this November.

Thebrownblob

....that's well said my friend,it sounds as if some of these old timers on here that still have one foot in the Central States Pension is not appreciative of what Joe Biden did for their Pension by sending that $35 billion over to Central States......Trump did not do that, Biden did......remember that when you're in that little box this November.
Don’t go jumping around like it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. In my opinion, the Democrats are only giving back what was taken from us with legislation started from Jimmy Carter deregulating the trucking industry, causing thousands of companies to go out of business that were paying into this pension. I will give Joe Biden credit, but it should’ve happened along time ago.

Again, I’m not your buddy, and your opinion is about as important as your sphincter here. Your partisan axe to grind is no concern of mine. I look forward to your inevitable ban here for creating another fake account.
....sorry the facts are your enemy,and the word buddy is a used expression,not a not an expression of my friendship towards you....

Thebrownblob

....sorry the facts are your enemy,and the word buddy is a used expression,not a not an expression of my friendship towards you....
It’s interesting that you say the facts are not my friend when you’re in fact, not even truthful about who you are😂. Everything I said is factual, including not changing my screen name. Please do not preach to us about truth and facts when you have absolutely none. You are truly an embarrassment, buddy.

Don’t go jumping around like it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. In my opinion, the Democrats are only giving back what was taken from us with legislation started from Jimmy Carter deregulating the trucking industry, causing thousands of companies to go out of business that were paying into this pension. I will give Joe Biden credit, but it should’ve happened along time ago.
....whether you give him credit or not,he did it and the Republicans did`nt...but don't let that keep you up at night,Joe just wants you to enjoy the benefits that you worked for..

It’s interesting that you say the facts are not my friend when you’re in fact, not even truthful about who you are😂. Everything I said is factual, including not changing my screen name. Please do not preach to us about truth and facts when you have absolutely none. You are truly an embarrassment, buddy.
......remember now,you ain't my buddy,buddy!!!!

Next Day Err

...Trump does not support Unions and neither does the Republican Party.
Sean Obrien giving $45000 to the Republican party would be like Ukraine giving all the weapons that the West has given them - to Russia to fight the war....
.....yes $45000 +Trump = -$45000
Charley... I feel you. I dislike Trump and MAGAism as much as anyone does, but politics is a protection racket. The union is betting on both horses in this race. If Trump is elected the IBT hopes that their financial support of the Republican Party will translate to an unwillingness of the GOP to act against the interests of the union. That's all this is. O'Brien knows Trump isn't exactly in love with labor. This is protection money.

Really? So you haven’t been paying attention to all the Republicans in the Senate that Sean O’Brien has had meetings with? My God you’re so smart maybe you should run this organization? You can’t even run your own Brown café account with any kind of integrity why would anyone trust you for anything? Now again, crawl back into the pit came out of no one gives a rats ass what you think. This money was not given willy-nilly. There is a strategy if you don’t like it. Well that’s too damn bad you’re not the president of this international union.
...and neither are you Scrub!!!

Charley... I feel you. I dislike Trump and MAGAism as much as anyone does, but politics is a protection racket. The union is betting on both horses in this race. If Trump is elected the IBT hopes that their financial support of the Republican Party will translate to an unwillingness of the GOP to act against the interests of the union. That's all this is. O'Brien knows Trump isn't exactly in love with labor. This is protection money.
.....then if that's the strategy then Mr.Obrien has not been looking at the Republican party over the past some odd years here if he thinks Trump or the republican Party is going to throw away their platform on Unions over $45000 dollars.....the thinking certainly lacks depth and wisdom.

Next Day Err

.....then if that's the strategy then Mr.Obrien has not been looking at the Republican party over the past some odd years here if he thinks Trump or the republican Party is going to throw away their platform on Unions over $45000 dollars.....the thinking certainly lacks depth and wisdom.
I don't necessarily disagree. You can argue that it's dubious that the 45K will work. If memory serves I think the IBT has only given about $30,000 to the DNC.

Maybe the hope is that Trump will see that at least the IBT gave more to him than Biden and go easy on the union. lol who knows.

Biden 2024

I don't necessarily disagree. You can argue that it's dubious that the 45K will work. If memory serves I think the IBT has only given about $30,000 to the DNC.

Maybe the hope is that Trump will see that at least the IBT gave more to him than Biden and go easy on the union. lol who knows.

Biden 2024
...I can appreciate that hope of compassion cominng from Trump looking upon a gift favorably,however we are talking about Donald Trump,it isn't as though we haven't seen his actions as a private citizen and in this discussion as the President,We've all seen how he has acted repeatedly as a President, we've seen his Pesidential priorities,it isn't as if he's an unknown quantity....he and his actions are well documented,hence the $83.6 and $355 million dollar judgements against him,we the American people have seem him be President once and we voted and soundly rejected him for a second term,we know what we will be getting with him and we don't want it period.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
O’Brien is trying to play both sides in an election where that is near impossible. Don’t blame him for trying but at the same time, good luck. He has endorsed republicans before but that was Charlie Baker who is a different breed than the national GOP. O’Brien is smart enough to know that the Dems are way more pro union, but at the same time he knows that the rank and file lean conservative. Tough spot to be in. I don’t agree with giving the GOP a cent unless it’s specific members who buck their party when it comes to labor issues. But I understand what he is trying to do here.