Second Class Drivers

UnconTROLLed

perfection
But this guy pretending like every guy working a 22.3 job is because they just can't hack it? Kick rocks.
IF you think those arrogant bum drivers are acting high-and-mighty now, versus 22.3 and part-timers, just wait until the second-class driver language kicks in. it'll be a whole new level of unfounded pretentiousness.

Daf

We heard about this at our last union meeting.

The morning drivers would work the preload and then go on road for 3-4 hours while the evening drivers would go on road for 3-4 hours and then work the metro.

Lower pay rate.

It does make sense.
It would make sense if this is what would actually happen. The problem is that there would never be a bid for an actual full time driver again. Every job in the future would be this lower paid hybrid job on paper, but in reality they will drive all day. This is just a loophole for the company to cut 5$ of pay from all these positions.

Daf

I know their workers are making more in Cupertino! Their production workers work in third world countries. What amazes me is that UPS is a sixty eight billion revenue company making five billion on average. To you and me thats a lot of money, right? When you look at the big picture ups is a very small potato compared to other companies in terms of what UPS puts out in revenue. So I wonder what how the bonus of UPS's ceo stacks up to the big potatoes.
Our ceo is a jackwagon. He deserves a pay cut.

MAKAVELI

Very true. Though my wife loves it here and she makes a hell of a lot more then me. Plus she knows how to do that thing that makes me.... well let's just say I don't think I'm going anywhere for a while. ;)
That's my point. It's all relative to what you enjoy in life. The two of you together make an upper middle class income in a beautiful area with damn near perfect weather year round and most importantly keeps the wife happy. What else could you ask for?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Damn, son. That's about 3x the going rate where I am. And 4BR in 1,400 sqft?! And you've got CA taxes. Ouch!
Yep...that’s like that on the whole west coast....San Diego’s, LA, Bay Area, Portland, Seattle/Bellevue....the list goes on and on....