Second Class Drivers

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I understand that you are in your opinion underpaid, but this is a discussion forum, so I thought you would give it a try. FYI Apple announced their quarterly profit earnings in the last couple of days. I thought it was a typo when I saw they made 61 billion this quarter. I wonder how many of their production workers are making 36 an hour.
I would bet their workers make much more then 36$ an hour in Cupertino, CA . They subcontract the production.

Tony Q

I would bet their workers make much more then 36$ an hour in Cupertino, CA . They subcontract the production.
I know their workers are making more in Cupertino! Their production workers work in third world countries. What amazes me is that UPS is a sixty eight billion revenue company making five billion on average. To you and me thats a lot of money, right? When you look at the big picture ups is a very small potato compared to other companies in terms of what UPS puts out in revenue. So I wonder what how the bonus of UPS's ceo stacks up to the big potatoes.

saintrick

Cuz that would defeat the purpose behind the creation of these jobs.

The company said they need flexibility in the driver workforce. This would give them that and also protect the second class drivers from being abused.
The only way I could vote for something like this would have to include incentives for the company not to overwork hybrids. Such as any time a hybrid is over 40 two times a month the company must add a full time driver and a maximum of 20% drivers per center may be hybrid.

Skooney

Or people who can't handle a real job??

Please. I made just over 70k in my 22.3 job last year. I have outstanding medical. I have a pension. I've never worked until 8-9 at night in the 19 years of my 22.3, EVER. I'm home with my family every night. I'm also married to a CRNA nurse and my financial position is perfectly fine.

Enjoy your 50+ hour weeks. Not everyone wants them.

Please. I made just over 70k in my 22.3 job last year. I have outstanding medical. I have a pension. I've never worked until 8-9 at night in the 19 years of my 22.3, EVER. I'm home with my family every night. I'm also married to a CRNA nurse and my financial position is perfectly fine.

110k works better for me. I'm going to work... :censored2:ing pay me.

And at 70k a year you are working way more than 40 hours.

F

Frankie's Friend

You’ve only been talking about it the last 3 contracts. UPS has always made proposals for it as well.
He'll probably walk out the door for the last time and get run over by that pt timer he had the " one sided talk with".
9ad-1.gif

Skooney

Who cares what his wife makes.

What she makes is irrelevant. I was simply making a point. Not everyone needs or even wants 50+ hours a week driving. I'm retired military and I have other priorities in life. If yours is 110k a year, you do you bro. More power to you. But this guy pretending like every guy working a 22.3 job is because they just can't hack it? Kick rocks.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I am 22.3 and got 51 hours last week, by choice. I could have worked as many hours as I wanted to, though. I could have worked over 90 if very ambitious. Wow imagine that, my base is 40 but I can work the amount of OT I want, when I want to. Really wish I was a FT driver....NOT