Second Class Drivers

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
We heard about this at our last union meeting.

The morning drivers would work the preload and then go on road for 3-4 hours while the evening drivers would go on road for 3-4 hours and then work the metro.

Lower pay rate.

It does make sense.
Yeah that’s exactly how they will be used. Smh!
That classification will be the end of a FT package car driver.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We heard about this at our last union meeting.

The morning drivers would work the preload and then go on road for 3-4 hours while the evening drivers would go on road for 3-4 hours and then work the metro.

Lower pay rate.

It does make sense.

No it doesn’t You want to be doing the same work as the guy next to you for less pay
Who knows how much less

That’s a can of worms that shouldn’t be opened

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The figure I heard from a current driver who got a text about it mentioned the rate of around $22.00+-/hr. If you think a second class driver is out delivering but has more stops left, and it's time for him to come back and finish his shift in the hub, they are going to have him come in and miss packages? Nope. He (or she) will stay out to prevent service failures and get the lower rate basically to be a FT driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The figure I heard from a current driver who got a text about it mentioned the rate of around $22.00+-/hr. If you think a second class driver is out delivering but has more stops left, and it's time for him to come back and finish his shift in the hub, they are going to have him come in and miss packages? Nope. He (or she) will stay out to prevent service failures and get the lower rate basically to be a FT driver.

Nope.

Morning drivers will run off air and bulk stops while the evening drivers will sweep drop boxes and bulk pickups.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Nope.

Morning drivers will run off air and bulk stops while the evening drivers will sweep drop boxes and bulk pickups.
So you don't think the company will take advantage of the situation to suit their needs? The company I worked for for 38 years will take a mile if you gave them an inch. I don't see that ever changing.